The Pedal Finishing Thread - Painting, Coating, Drilling, Envirotex, etc

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 3981

I sanded off all the layers of paint on mine and out of curiosity, polished it up on my buffing thingy - I might still sand it back and paint, but for now it's just going to be a shiny enclosure.

This is because I still haven't got round to building the rest of it, if I spend another few weeks doing the enclosure I'll never get it built :)

I'll post a pic when it's done.

CEO ACME Moats Inc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 650
    edited May 19
    I built another Fuzz Factory variant. This one has an extra knob, "sub", which is a 50k log pot in series with a 3.3uF capacitor and these are in parallel with C2 in the schematic I posted earlier.

Ladies and Gentleman, the Fuzzadillo!

fuzzadillo

(Note - I did not draw the Armadillo, I found it on Google Image Search).
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 898
    You're churning them Fuzz Factories out @Philtre at the moment, is this the third? Next thing is to try them all together at once :scream: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 62
    Finished off this one today (See my other thread for full details). 

It's a Ross compressor.  I love how this one turned out.  The ET is so shiny you can see the knobs reflected in the top. :mrgreen:  

Hopefully my next pour will be less stressful and I may learn to love ET. 

Very neat job there, Steve! Looks great. :-)

Which circuit layout did you use?
    Tag board effects Ross compressor. If you click the site map on their site, it has everything listed on one page and you can ctrl F to search
    I had to tweak slightly for a couple of bits - 3.5mm remote footswitch jack and a schottky. Details  and gutshots in my other thread 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 2475
    Just did my first ET pour, based on the helpful advice here its gone well!
    Q
    After say 24 hours, could I clean out the pot holes with a sharp blade instead of waiting for full cure and drilling?
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 2700
    Just did my first ET pour, based on the helpful advice here its gone well!
    Q
    After say 24 hours, could I clean out the pot holes with a sharp blade instead of waiting for full cure and drilling?
    I’ve seen some posts on Madbean from guys who do that but I haven’t strayed very far from Juan and Cleggys guide.  I’m happy enough to do them in batches and leave them for a few days.  

I will say say you do have to be really careful though I have gotten finger print marks on mine after 24 hours which never came out.  
    As @Adam_MD says. 24 hours is not enough. I've made small impressions in the ET as it is still malleable at this stage. A bare minimum is 48 hours, but preferably 4 days. Personally, I would drill the holes with a stepper drill (however, I do the 3mm LED hole manually with increasing sized drill bits - 2mm, 2.5mm then 3mm swizzling the drill bit in my fingers).
    edited May 21
    Fazz Fuctory back together, Haven't played with it for a month or so, forgot how fun these things are....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    More fun than a bucket of badgers. =)
    ....and can sound like a bucket of badgers. I like getting it to self-oscillate, messing around with the pitch and running it through my DD500 delay using an exp pedal to ramp up delay feedback and make crazy noises :naughty: