NGD: Firemist Silver Jazzmaster

What's Hot
KylefKylef Frets: 1042
So a bit of a story to this one. As some of you will remember I used to own a '65 reissue Jazzmaster in firemist silver. I noticed some slight checking on the lower bout, the guitar had never left the house so as it was under warranty I sent it to Fender to have it looked at. They said it wasn't right that it had happened, so they sent me the guitar back whilst they had a new body made up in the US. When that was ready I sent them my guitar back to be converted but, long story short, the guitar was lost on it's way back to me.

Needless to say I was gutted, more so because it was a rare guitar and knew Fender didn't have any left. But I have to say the rep I dealt with at Fender was brilliant, very sympathetic, and pulled out all the stops to make me happy. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I came home to this: a '65 spec Jazzmaster, in Firemist Silver, made in the Custom Shop with certificate. A one off. They did ask if I wanted to change any specs but as I loved my previous guitar, I wanted it pretty much the same. 

Got to say, I wasn't much the believer in the Custom Shop myth, especially as the AV65's are so good, but this really is a cut above. Absolutely delighted with it. It arrived with a tortoishell guard and aged covers, but I've changed those out for similar parts of the AV65 whilst I for the time being whilst I wait on genuine AV65 parts, aswell as the usual Staytrem I put on all my offsets. Anyhow here's a few pics.

0reaction image LOL 28reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    That's absolutely amazing customer service!

Happy NGD
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12669
    Nice!

Good to hear Fender took care of you over this. Kudos to them.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7788
    Amazing win and that is beautiful. Happy for you
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5442
    Holy wow. That's unreal. Kudos to Fender too for doing it!
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7188
    Yep, tremendous all round, that 
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Wow! Exceptional customer care from Fender and a stunningly beautiful guitar to boot. Here's hoping for a long and rewarding relationship!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2329
    Great CS - well done. Stunning!
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Love it! Happy playing.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3888
    Cracking guitar, mate. And kudos to Fender too. Gotta say I prefer the tort though!
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    edited April 2018
    Lovely
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1947
    Result! That looks great. 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2892
    Feck me Tom
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeeByrdTeeByrd Frets: 159
    Great result and absolute stunner! Congrats!
  • pmgpmg Frets: 299
    @kylef interesting about the finish issue on the AVRI -my bandmate @keir had an issue with the finish and was sent a replacement.  
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    Thanks for the comments.

@pmg it was as if it was lacquer checked, but only the colour coat underneath as you couldn't feel it. Wasn't a big deal, but seeing as it was under warranty it was worth having them look at it.
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    pmg said:
    @kylef interesting about the finish issue on the AVRI -my bandmate @keir had an issue with the finish and was sent a replacement.  
    Mine was the same as that yeah. It basically went off to fender for them to do a new one off body and then transfer the neck and electrics over from the old body to the new one.

It took a good few months to get sorted and I’d imagine went over to the custom shop as it wouldn’t have been in the main production line. I don’t think mine came with a custom shop certificate though but it was a couple of years ago. 

Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    @keir what colour was yours?

Initially they had a body made in the US, so it was just like the general AV65 replacement body. It got sent here and they swapped over the parts over here, I'd assume yours was the same. They let me keep my guitar until the pay had the replacement body made.

No custom shop job at that time, it was after they lost the guitar that the custom shop order went in.
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    Ah yeah mine was the same situation up until the point where yours got lost, firemist silver too. I was without my guitar for a few months as I sent it back to fender to be inspected, maybe they decided to change the process after mine taking a while to sort.  

It’s a lovely guitar although having recently played my first custom shop fender recently I’m strongly considering selling my AV65 and putting the proceeds towards a custom shop tele! Crazy I know!
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27156
    Fantastic result. 

And silver JMs are the best JMs, so double-fantastic :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    Great story and what a lovely guitar!