Favourite Chorus pedal

What's Hot
PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
Hey
im sure this has been discussed a million times over but im in the market for a nice Chorus pedal and its a toss up between CE-2W, Julia or Waterfall they all sound great anyone had all/some of these? Which did you prefer. I currently use Mobius but wanting something for a smaller board. Cheers. Peter
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    For warm vintage analog chorus the Tortuga Martini or the Cosmichorus (which I am selling!) or the Boss Waza (especially in stereo). For pristine chorus I love the TC SCF

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    TC SFC +1

• PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
    edited April 2018
    Thanks yeh that tc scf comes up alot, i had Corona it was ok but not great - wow no 9v on the scf only wall plug! Vintage!
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Or if you can find an arion modded stereo chorus , but the tc stil might edge it ....
  • Catalinbread Callisto is the king imo. Big lover of chorus and I’ve tried my fair share and the Catalinbread is as good as I’ve found. 
  • Digitech hardwire CR-7 by a country mile. The studio mode is superb.
  • Analogman chorus with depth toggle switch, awesome chorus. Currently using an analogue version Boss CE-5 which is brilliant and can handle those Cocteau Twins, The Sundays, Slowdive tones very well. Would love to try a Boss CE-2w or Mr Black Double Chorus at some point
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Chorus has always been the domain of BOSS and nothing beats their very first model the CE-1. BUT in recent time the NUX chorus has pipped their standard offerings to the post...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    The Waterfall is fantastic. I have the Ripply Fall, which contains that chorus and is a really great combo, if you can stretch to the extra.
    Analogman Bi-Clone Chorus is great too.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    I use the moogerfooger clusterflux.

It's on nearly all the time but blended in a tiny amount. Barely any chorus effect

tbh I'm not a massive chorus fan and its overkill for a pedal of its price and size, but it really adds some magic.

• Some great choices here doesn’t make it easy to decide haha! Gadget said:
    The Waterfall is fantastic. I have the Ripply Fall, which contains that chorus and is a really great combo, if you can stretch to the extra.
    I been looking at the Ripply seems cool was thinking about getting that one how do you like the phaser
  • Nux sounds good, analogman is a great one by the sounds of it maybe difficult to get hold of isn’t that modelled on a small clone
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Some great choices here doesn’t make it easy to decide haha! Gadget said:
    I been looking at the Ripply seems cool was thinking about getting that one how do you like the phaser
    I really rate it. I bought the pedal on a whim, but it really is good if you like organic and gurgly, rather than thin and more HF. I have about a dozen chorus pedals and this is in my top three.
  • Gadget said:
    I really rate it. I bought the pedal on a whim, but it really is good if you like organic and gurgly, rather than thin and more HF. I have about a dozen chorus pedals and this is in my top three.
    Sounds great i want one! You should sell me yours! Haha! There hard to get hold of 
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Gadget said:
    Sounds great i want one! You should sell me yours! Haha! There hard to get hold of 
    Haha, alas mine's not going anywhere :)
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    The Boss CE-2 is just about perfect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    MXR Micro Chorus
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I love the Mr Black Doublechorus, but it's impossible to do anything subtle with it.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited April 2018
    The Ibanez BC-9 Bi-mode Chorus. Nothing tops it for me.

• Thanks all going to try some out over the weekend