Eastwood Stormbird is making a comeback

What's Hot
Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
edited April 2018 in Guitar
Not sure if any of you missed it recently, but the Eastwood Stormbord is making a come back. I stuck down my deposit. It won't be my "main" guitar, but I always liked the body shape.

https://eastwoodcustoms.com/projects/eastwood-stormbird/  

Seems to have set up in Liverpool as well.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    Not sure if any of you missed it recently, but the Eastwood Stormbord is making a come back. I stuck down my deposit. It won't be my "main" guitar, but I always liked the body shape.

https://eastwoodcustoms.com/projects/eastwood-stormbird/  

Seems to have set up in Liverpool as well.
    I think they've a warehouse in Liverpool so you can avoid paying the import duties. I've ordered from them right before Christmas and service was brilliant
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    They make some cool guitars. My friend has the Jack White one and it's one of the nicest guitars I've played.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    Yep, looking forward to mine. I ordered the gold one. Not sure if the headstocks are going to change based on the comments they've been getting, but no matter...
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    They aren't sure if they will have matching headstocks like in the pics on the ad but they will all have the proper big Eastwood logo like the black one. I really like the gold one too.
    Link to my trading feedback
    That’s cool if they have the big logo. That’ll do me !
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    Looks really cool and what a good idea the crowd funding is.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    Cool as a really cool thing that's been left in the fridge. Sadly I don't need any more guitars, well... er...maybe just one more.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Doesn't hurt to have RJ Ronquillo demoing your products, either  ;)
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 136
    Briefly had one of the WE Tenor DLX models and loved it for the most part but wasn't getting on with the bridge at all - they took it back no questions asked and gave me a full refund.

Looks like I might be playing at their pop-up stall for Sound City over the bank holiday, so I'm looking forward to getting to try some more of the range! I actually play with a DEVO tribute too, so I'm going to be putting the word in see if I can't get my hands on some of their signatures...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Briefly had one of the WE Tenor DLX models and loved it for the most part but wasn't getting on with the bridge at all - they took it back no questions asked and gave me a full refund.

Looks like I might be playing at their pop-up stall for Sound City over the bank holiday, so I'm looking forward to getting to try some more of the range! I actually play with a DEVO tribute too, so I'm going to be putting the word in see if I can't get my hands on some of their signatures...
    Will keep an eye out for pics on social media.
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    There are Devo tribute bands?! Cool!
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I played some Eastwoods a few years back and didn't like them. What did I miss?
    Don't think they had the Stormbird at the Liverpool pop up from what I saw online.
  • slateslate Frets: 89
    edited May 2018
    Don't think they had the Stormbird at the Liverpool pop up from what I saw online.
    They're not available until September...
    You have to order through the Eastwood custon shop if you want to secure one, $150 deposit required.
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    Eastwood Custom Shop guitars from my experience are excellent, we have the Rivolta models which are very good indeed, I'd happily play one and I love the styling, the Combinata and Mondata are right up my street. Carl who runs Eastwood in Liverpool is very good to deal with too...
  • Should be arriving soon!
  • Stuckfast said:
    There are Devo tribute bands?! Cool!
    There are - which is to say there is us. And a few over in the States. We're in Liverpool again next Friday actually.

I did indeed end up going to the Eastwood pop-up and they were lovely. Sorted my other band some loan guitars for festival season and we owe them big-time - one Airline and a Rivolta. Both very nice pieces of kit and we're gutted to send them back.
  • Anyone order one and get it yet? Waiting on mine, and already have GAS for another guitar, so might be wheeling and dealing the minute I get it!