What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Violin ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I don’t really get the dark lump on the top...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Racing bicycle saddle meets shotgun stock with built-in hip flask.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    When I saw the thread title, I though the one from my "guitar a day" desktop calendar the other day would be a rival but wow... this one makes it look like Audrey Hepburn
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Ah, that's a Spalt.

Not sure about it aesthetically, but I'm sure it's a very nice instrument.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Why would anyone go to that much effort to make something so hideous?
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    There are bits I don’t like, there are bits I love.  It’s interesting at least

the responses here perfectly highlight the issue with trying to bring originality to the guitar market.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    That would be viewed as dull and ordinary in the high end bass world 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    WezV said:

the responses here perfectly highlight the issue with trying to bring originality to the guitar market.  
    This.

I wish more people would try to be interesting. There are fucking loads of Strats out there already.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33794
    It looks like Grace Jones.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    WezV said:

I get what you are saying, but aesthetically I just love Strats, Tele's and LPs. It's like preferring blondes to brunettes. To be honest I often bring up weird guitars here and refer to them as ugly, but actually I like the fact that they are out there. I just don't particularly want one myself.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    I think it's cool.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22794
    I like it.  I don't think it's beautiful, but it's certainly not ugly and when you see more pictures it's clear that a lot of thought went in to the design.

https://www.spaltinstruments.com/instruments/custom-work-624-conventional/guitars-b/

(Look down the bottom of that page for a couple of 12-strings with tremolos!)
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    Not keen on the headstock but I think the body works quite well in a weirdly organic/biological way.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I don't like it, I hate guns. It's not really original, it's just a guitar made to look like a gun.
    Philly_Q said:
    I like it.  I don't think it's beautiful, but it's certainly not ugly and when you see more pictures it's clear that a lot of thought went in to the design.

https://www.spaltinstruments.com/instruments/custom-work-624-conventional/guitars-b/

I like it a lot more now.  I didn’t realise the seperate body sections were all adjustable.  That’s very clever.  The headstock looks much better from other angles too!
    axisus said:
    WezV said:

I get what you are saying, but aesthetically I just love Strats, Tele's and LPs. It's like preferring blondes to brunettes. To be honest I often bring up weird guitars here and refer to them as ugly, but actually I like the fact that they are out there. I just don't particularly want one myself.
    I’m quite like the traditional designs myself, it’s what I mostly make these days.  There are loads of them in the market already.  

There is room for something more original 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72323
    I quite like most of it, but I really dislike the red fingerboard dots and nut and the metal cap on the upper horn - to me they ruin the whole thing by being out of place with the rest of it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• kinkin Frets: 1015
    There are some stunning guitars on the website.
    I like bits of the one in the op, especially the headstock!
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    I don't like the headstock from that picture, but the rest of it is ace.