An Inconvenient Truth - the death of Dr Kelly

What's Hot
This should be news tomorrow. Just go some notes and boy does this look as dodgy as a £6 note.  Looks like an MI5 job.

More tomorrow.
My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 4547
    Maybe hard to prove it is an MI5 job as such - As to actually who gave the orders and who committed the actual act is what makes  conspiracy theories so interesting to so many - Dodgy as hell and looked to be that from day one - Don't look at the story, look at the gaps in the story is often a better option in many cases - It might not get you the final answer but it will show the official story is no longer fact

Agree it looks dodgy - but sure there will be enough safe guards in place to protect Tony 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 1417
    Another triumph for the Daily Mail!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2280
    edited April 27
    I know it was a long time ago, but "horse, bolted" comes to mind. The source of the leak was identified. What would the Labour government gain by killing him?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 1417

It's also worth pointing out that David Kelly was of the opinion that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 8994
    You mean they're admitting he didn't commit suicide? Nobody seriously believed that anyway.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 32823
    jpfamps said:

It's also worth pointing out that David Kelly was of the opinion that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
    He was - but if I remember rightly he knew the claims in the 'dodgy dossier' about their usability against the outside world were false, and hence the pretext for going to war was, and hence that Blair knowingly broke international law. If so then his evidence could have brought the government down.

You mean they're admitting he didn't commit suicide? Nobody seriously believed that anyway.
    Interestingly my dad, who is quite a conspiracy theorist, believes that Kelly *did* kill himself, but intentionally in a way which he knew would cause suspicion to fall on Blair. That's quite a twist of logic, I know! But as I said, he's a conspiracy theorist...
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 5664
    ICBM said:
    jpfamps said:

He was - but if I remember rightly he knew the claims in the 'dodgy dossier' about their usability against the outside world were false, and hence the pretext for going to war was, and hence that Blair knowingly broke international law. If so then his evidence could have brought the government down.

Interestingly my dad, who is quite a conspiracy theorist, believes that Kelly *did* kill himself, but intentionally in a way which he knew would cause suspicion to fall on Blair. That's quite a twist of logic, I know! But as I said, he's a conspiracy theorist...
    To support your Dad's argument, there are two types of suicide victim (very crudely speaking of course, and I do not intend to offend anyone). 

There are those who take their own lives when feeling full of extremely strong emotions, sadly includes revenge suicides and those making a statement through their death.

And there are those who are truly empty of emotion, who slip into suicide almost without effort (e.g. jumping on the tracks leaving no note or indication of reason).  Note that a true absence of emotion is extremely rare thankfully, and is NOT the same as 'not caring'.

Maybe Kelly was the first type?

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1041
    Fretwired said:
    This should be news tomorrow. Just go some notes and boy does this look as dodgy as a £6 note.  Looks like an MI5 job.

More tomorrow.
    Did I miss something? Not seen anything about this come out in the last week.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 13392
    edited May 6
    I was wondering that too..
    Birds are meant to fly free...  Open every cage you see.

https://www.peta.org/about-peta/why-peta/caged-birds/
    Emp_Fab said:
    I was wondering that too..
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inconvenient-Death-Establishment-Covered-Affair/dp/1788543092

is this it - date of publishing as 5th April tends to tie in with above
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 16962
    I've not finished the book but ....

Within hours of Dr Kelly’s body being found, the Lord Chancellor, Charlie Falconer, had set up an official inquiry. It looked as if it had been planned. Had they known Kelly was dead well in advance?

By setting up an official enquiry the government avoided an inquest into the death which would have been run by professions. The enquiry was run by Lord Hutton, a pal of Blair's, who had no experience of this sort of enquiry.

The conclusion was Kelly was depressed and killed himself. However, dozens of people who could have shed light on what happened were never called inducing senior policemen investigating the case. Why?

A very good freind of Kelly's by the name of Mai Pederson wasn't called. She has consistently claimed Kelly had a weak right hand (due to an injury) and would have been unable to slash his left wrist. The knife recovered by the police and alleged to have been used had a blunt edge and couldn't cut anything.

Another friend who was Kelly's dentist, Dr Bozana Kansas (great name) found his file was missing from her surgery on the day he died. It materialised a few days later and police tested it for prints. This wasn't covered in the enquiry.

The enquiry concluded Kelly was depressed on the night he knew his name was going to be leaked to the press. However the landlord and regulars in his local pub disputed this as he was drinking beer and playing cribbage and seemed happy. None of these people were called to give evidence.

In the early hours of the day Kelly dies locals said there was a helicopter flying over Kelly's house and the surrounding area for an hour. What was it doing? The pilot was never asked to give evidence.

The guy who found the body claimed it was slumped against a tree and there was little blood. The police report claimed he was lying face down and there was a lot of blood. Again, not investigated at the enquiry.

A group of doctors believed something was wrong with the autopsy. The artery that was cut wouldn't have led to lots of bleeding and death. They were never called.

There are rumours Kelly was picked up by the security services and interrogated. Did he die in custody and his body dumped?

The enquiry looks like more of a cover-up. There's more to come out ...

My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    ^^^^^^ - wouldn't be the first time key witnesses were not called into an inquiry - Appears to be a common theme and appropriate hierarchy can get away with/control the evidence etc

Same time - there has always been some talk about the death of Robin Cook
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • DottoreDottore Frets: 56
    "The Strange Death of Dr. David Kelly" by Norman Baker MP is convincing. Baker effectively took a year off as MP for Lewes (I think) to investigate events. His conclusion was that it was most likely that Kelly was killed by an Iraqi anti-Saddam hit team with the connivance of the UK government or at least Cabinet-level elements thereof and MI5. When you read his very detailed account of Kelly's movements and the peculiarities of the police response it leaves very little room for doubt that there was foul play.

You need an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea.

My feedback page: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91654/
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 8994
    Fretwired said:
    Had they known Kelly was going to die well in advance?
    FTFY ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • pauladspaulads Frets: 230
    Been following this for many years now...I just bought the new book, having read Norman Baker’s book about it years ago. I wrote a song about it a couple of years back...if anyone fancies a listen...

https://soundcloud.com/thefuneralcrasher/government-surplus

Government Surplus

Now I'm government surplus
    No longer required
    Seems that my civil circus 
    Membership has expired

I hear the national anthems
    And I choke on the tunes
    Unless I misunderstand them
    They're gonna send in the goons

My security clearance 
    And my future's withdrawn
    My disappearance 
    Surprises no-one

I came up with the facts 
    Instead of the goods
    The dark actor acts
    And I'm dead in the woods

They wouldn’t dare have an inquest
    In case questions are asked
    And most people lose interest
    Before the monster's unmasked

You can always recycle 
    The honour you gave
    Like St George and St Michael
    Were just a pawn and a knave

Death is a picnic 
    compared to the pain
    What I was proud of 
    now feels like a stain

They called me distinguished 
    On Her Majesty's list
    Then they had me extinguished 
    With a trick of the wrist