Cheap as chips but decent 1x12 cab?

What's Hot
Doing a ton of weddings this year and space is at even more of a premium. Currently using an Orange 2x12 which is proving a massive pain in the arse so looking to get a fairly decent but inexpensive 1x12.

It'll be for onstage monitoring only so doesn't have to be amazing but equally I don't really want a super cheap MDF job.

Currently looking at the Harley Benton Vintage 30 loaded one or the Jet City. The HB looks pretty unbeatable for the price but any others I'm missing before I take a punt?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    You play in raging speedhorn don't you? that sounds like the sort of wedding I'd like to attend!!! :P
  • FiftyshadesofjayFiftyshadesofjay Frets: 1428
    edited April 2018
    sgosden said:
    You play in raging speedhorn don't you? that sounds like the sort of wedding I'd like to attend!!! :P
    I do indeed, still waiting to for the opportunity to bust out Necrophiliac Glue Sniffer for a first dance. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    I have the Jet City 112s+ and its brilliant even with the stock emi speaker. XLR Mic sim is perfectly usable as well. Ply and removable rear panel sold it for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    I also have the jet city 1x12 - good cab
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Doing a ton of weddings this year and space is at even more of a premium. Currently using an Orange 2x12 which is proving a massive pain in the arse so looking to get a fairly decent but inexpensive 1x12.

It'll be for onstage monitoring only so doesn't have to be amazing but equally I don't really want a super cheap MDF job.

Currently looking at the Harley Benton Vintage 30 loaded one or the Jet City. The HB looks pretty unbeatable for the price but any others I'm missing before I take a punt?
    are you playing with Fraudio?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Doing a ton of weddings this year and space is at even more of a premium. Currently using an Orange 2x12 which is proving a massive pain in the arse so looking to get a fairly decent but inexpensive 1x12.

Yep, that's also me!
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1442
    The Harley V30 1x12 is a cracking buy, if you like V30's that is.
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    edited April 2018
    My approach is: I came by a passive wedge monitor and switched the speaker out for a V30. That’s my only speaker. I point it up at my face so I can hear myself, and I mic it to the PA. It works really brilliantly. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339

Yep, that's also me!
    and used to be me once upon a time.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Harley Benton is very hard to beat.
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 368
    There's a Marshall 1912 in the classifieds....

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/130833/marshall-1-x-12-cab-fs

This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 851
    I have a Jet City too.
    Sounds great but is quite a bit taller than the Marshall 1x12 I used to own. 
    However this could also be part of the recipe for nice noises. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    The JCA12S+ is a great cab, but the Jet City drivers are quite modern-sounding relative to the V30 in the Harley Benton. Really depends on what kind of sound you want.

I'd personally be looking at the Matrix NL12 'cos it's ludicrously light too, but I suspect that £335 + VAT doesn't really come under the "inexpensive" heading :D
    <space for hire>
  • Cheers for the advice guys, a Jet City cab is winging its way over to me today! 
  • It's here! Now how in the hell do you get that back panel off? 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    It's here! Now how in the hell do you get that back panel off? 
    Effort. Assuming you've taking the screws out, put a screwdriver (or similar) through that fabric loop, and put your back into it.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    sgosden said:
    I do indeed, still waiting to for the opportunity to bust out Necrophiliac Glue Sniffer for a first dance. 
    Thats awesome lol! 

I remember discovering you guys, the wrong way round, after seeing viking skull support at the Astoria back in the day! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...