(melodic) metal suggestions

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    If you like 40 Watt Sun then obviously Warning as well. 

Sanctuary was Warrell Dane's band before Nevermore and was more classic sounding. Like early Queensryche after some gym work. The first album was produced by Mustaine and so suffers from his typically weak guitar tones but the second is perfection. 

The best metal albums of the last couple of years include Eternal Champion and Sumerlands. 
    Magic Circles albums are both killer and Brendan Radigan is a great singer. Check out the Stone Dagger demo and also his work live for the Pagan Altar.

Check out some of the Swedish heavy rockers. Witchcraft s/t and Firewood are among the very best retro rock. Horisont and Hallas both absolute kill. The Devil's Blood were mind blowing too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    oh and for Torche - best described as somewhere between The Beach Boys and Sunn 0))
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3495
    Reverend said:
    oh and for Torche - best described as somewhere between The Beach Boys and Sunn 0))
    Superb live band as well, incredibly loud though! 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22824
    Reverend said:
    Magic Circles albums are both killer
    I was going to mention them, been listening to them recently.  Also agreed about Witchcraft, although I like the more recent albums better than the first two (especially Legend which seems to be a bit frowned upon).
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    You can't go wrong with Devin TBH.

Iced Earth's Horror Show album is really good, very melodic and quite heavy.  
    The Sons of Apollo album is very good, quite proggy, but is melodic.

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    Cheers guys.

That Devin Townsend stuff is really good l, but weirdly it's not the kind of thing I would ever actually choose to listen to. 

Liked that Gojira song. 

Other stuff that I've discovered in the last day or so that was good includes Moon Tooth and the Cult of Luna Mariner record which is really cool. 
    Philly_Q said:
    Reverend said:
    Magic Circles albums are both killer
    I was going to mention them, been listening to them recently.  Also agreed about Witchcraft, although I like the more recent albums better than the first two (especially Legend which seems to be a bit frowned upon).
    The last couple suffer from bad (modern) production and lack John's playing. But I did enjoy Nucleus. 
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Planning for Burial

Stop crying, start buying
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Personally I love Dream Theater's classic Images & Words. Some superb melodic stuff on there. 
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 291
    It may be worth checking Lacuna Coil, In Flames, and Opeth.