Tedeschi Trucks Band

equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6111
I admit it. I'm old school.
I was a teenager in the 1970s so you might understand when I say that IMHO the Tedeschi Trucks Band are probably the best live band currently playing on this planet.
I'll be 60 next year and have never had time for fads like hair/death/nu metal, pomp rock etc.. I just like music which is honest, where the metal meets the meat. Content over style is what feeds my soul. Real music played by superb musicians with no gimmicks, glitz, pyrotechnics etc.
Great tone, great vocals and no tricks or bling, music as raw and honest as it can ever be...
Thus:

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 661
    Terrific Band. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 368
    edited May 2018
    Absolutely, wonderful band, wish we had a bit more of that great music ethos in the UK rather than what seems to be a fad driven scene 

I have been enjoying Marcus King lately too although I am not so enamoured of his soul kind of singing style and the tunes don't seem as strong yet 
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4982
    I have a few of their albums, I listened to each several times but don't 'get' Tedeschi/Trucks vibe. I describe their music as interesting but forgettable. To put this comment in some kind of context, I like Tony Joe White, Drive By Truckers, Guy Clark, Jackson Browne etc type of sounds and their music. I have a solo album by Susan Tedeschi, a bit of the proverbial curates egg musically IMHO.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    Midnight in Harlem. So good.