Damn weather!

What's Hot
dwheeldodwheeldo Frets: 65
Hate to fulfil the British stereotype and moan about the weather, but this hot spell has buggered up the setup and tuning on my guitars. I’m currently moving them all out of my stuffy loft to let them settle down a bit, having spent the past half hour tuning and retuning. 

It looks like it’s going to turn back to normal again tomorrow, but has anyone got any tips for protecting your guitars when a heatwave hits, short of installing air con?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Don't keep them in the loft.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14534
    Somebody in my area used to live in a static caravan. He could not understand how the wildly variable temperatures and humidity could possibly be turning all of his stringed instruments banana-shaped.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • dwheeldodwheeldo Frets: 65
    BBBlues said:
    Don't keep them in the loft.
    I should clarify it’s a converted loft, but yeah, fair point. I guess what I was getting at is when the temperature in the house suddenly rockets, do you keep them in their cases or on stands?

Also, as the sun moves round in the day, the coolest room changes, and I can’t be fussed moving them from place to place twice a day!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    Roll on Autumn, I hate this bloody heat 
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    It depends how many you own but I tend to move my guitars to the back bedroom where I know it's generally cool when it gets to crazy temperatures.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom