I like the look of this (Wilson)

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72511
    Unfortunately they're not as good as they look.

Made in England… as were British Leyland cars of the same era.

:)

Average woodwork, cheap (mostly imported far-eastern I think) hardware, and they often have problems with fretting etc.

That price is probably at least double what it's actually worth as an instrument compared to what else you can get for the same money.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah I can imagine!

According to the Watikins/Wem/Wilson collectors website that particular model is quite rare so I guess for someone the price may be right!
    Old Is Gold
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

I had a Wilson SAB Bass (hollow body) back at uni. I think I sold it for beer money. I was alright but mine was battered and held togther with tape & string. Here's a link to a Wilson fan site that might be of interest to you ..

http://www.watkinsguitars.co.uk/basses.htm

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    ICBM said:

Average woodwork, cheap (mostly imported far-eastern I think) hardware, and they often have problems with fretting etc.

That price is probably at least double what it's actually worth as an instrument compared to what else you can get for the same money.

I see what you mean ICBM, the close ups show it all.

As a collectors piece though, well who can say.

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    ICBM said:

It certainly has a bit of Austin Allegro about it.