SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB... Slide!

What's Hot
deloreandelorean Frets: 224
I fancy have a go at slide - anyone have a cheap one I can nab?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    You can get one for less than a fiver, you know..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    If ya wanna a wee go to see.  My slide for many years was just a bit of copper water pipe offcut.  Maybe not perfect from a mass perspective but sounded good enough, fitted well and never gave me much to.complain about
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 224
    hmm I might just do that - my local music shop has them at £15, and I prefer to puy business their way rather than Amazon etc.  

I'll have a go at making one instead - keeps my conscience clean! =)
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Find the right bottle, cut the neck off it, sand the edges.  Voila!  An authentic slide for sweet FA.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12316
    A wine bottle with a long straight neck is what you need, might as well get tiddly into the bargain.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Just don’t try to make the bottle neck into a slide until the effects of the wine have worn off. Both gear4music and gak do a slide for under a fiver, btw, you don’t have to go down the Amazon route..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• slackerslacker Frets: 2238
    Buy a brass slide from Coda. They work, they are easier than glass to use and less hacksaw use.