Fender Marine Layer Reverb, any users?

zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
As title, has anyone tried the Marine layer? How does it compare to other reverbs? Is it worth the asking price (around £100) or is there better out there for the price? I already have three reverbs (Bluesky, FRV-1 and HOF mini) but am always interested in others. Your advice is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I own a blue sky and was really really unimpressed with the Marine Layer. It’s ok, but doesn’t hold up well in my opinion once you start comparing it with other stuff 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I own a blue sky and was really really unimpressed with the Marine Layer. It’s ok, but doesn’t hold up well in my opinion once you start comparing it with other stuff 
    @iheartreverb  Thank you for the reply, I take it from your name you have tried a few reverbs, anything you'd recommend?
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • damodaidamodai Frets: 38
    There has'nt been much comment or discussion about this or any of the other new fender pedals , are they bad or has nobody bothered with them ?

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I tried a couple of the new fender pedals, they look great but sound awful 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    damodai said:
    There has'nt been much comment or discussion about this or any of the other new fender pedals , are they bad or has nobody bothered with them ?
    I think Fender made a point of not producing yet another range of basically clones and had some original thoughts . They have nice design features and have their own look which is no small feat. But soundwise or even functionalitywise they don't seem to offer anything very much new ( fair enough, how many pedals do) so maybe no one is rushing out to buy them. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14425
    My nearest Fender dealership has a full set of the new pedal range. None of them appears to have been removed from the display shelf, let alone their boxes. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.