The GDPR Data Protection malarky

What's Hot
fandangofandango Frets: 2204
edited May 2018 in Off Topic
Are you fed up with the emails yet? Yup, I am too, but what narked me off about this one (text below) was the presumptious nature, expecting to continue with their unsolicited emails (every fvcking day!!!!) UNLESS I opted out. Surely, it was meant to be an opt-IN not an opt-OUT. Cnuts.

Only receive the emails you want from us

As a valued customer of ours, your privacy is important to us. As you might have heard, the law is changing with regards to Data Protection and we're ready. Our privacy policy is a key part of our business, which is why we'd like to give you an opportunity to tailor the way you hear from us now.

Our terms and conditions and privacy policy have both changed but our attitude towards our customer's security has not! We only want to be sending you communications that you wish to receive, but we need your help to ensure that's exactly what we're doing.

If you wish to unsubscribe from our communications, you can do so by simply clicking the unsubscribe link below. Alternatively you can get in touch with our team by emailing info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk and we will action your request. If now is not an ideal time, please note that you can still unsubscribe from any of our communications at any time.

If you do not unsubscribe, either now or in future, we will assume that you're happy with the way we're currently contacting you. This means that we will continue sending you news on new product launches, plus our money-saving offers and promotions.

We hope this communication helps explain our ongoing commitment to your security and contact preferences. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any further questions you may have,

Best Regards,
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3285
    edited May 2018
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5419
    Yeah, if they can prove you already opted in they don’t have to get your consent again. 

It’s companies who *can’t* prove it that have to send out the “click here to continue receiving emails” emails. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    fandango said:
    Are you fed up with the emails yet? Yup, I am too, but what narked me off about this one (text below) was the presumptious nature, expecting to continue with their unsolicited emails (every fvcking day!!!!) UNLESS I opted out. Surely, it was meant to be an opt-IN not an opt-OUT. Cnuts.

Only receive the emails you want from us

As a valued customer of ours, your privacy is important to us. As you might have heard, the law is changing with regards to Data Protection and we're ready. Our privacy policy is a key part of our business, which is why we'd like to give you an opportunity to tailor the way you hear from us now.

Our terms and conditions and privacy policy have both changed but our attitude towards our customer's security has not! We only want to be sending you communications that you wish to receive, but we need your help to ensure that's exactly what we're doing.

If you wish to unsubscribe from our communications, you can do so by simply clicking the unsubscribe link below. Alternatively you can get in touch with our team by emailing info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk and we will action your request. If now is not an ideal time, please note that you can still unsubscribe from any of our communications at any time.

If you do not unsubscribe, either now or in future, we will assume that you're happy with the way we're currently contacting you. This means that we will continue sending you news on new product launches, plus our money-saving offers and promotions.

We hope this communication helps explain our ongoing commitment to your security and contact preferences. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any further questions you may have,

Best Regards,
    Want to know the best part? They don't need to send them .. :-)

People are overreacting.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    I manage half a dozen databases stashing away contact info. You people are on easy street. :)

https://i0.wp.com/excelaccountantsltd.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/GDPR.jpg
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    I can't comment on this.

It's private.