Do You Have Any Quirks?

What's Hot
AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
By quirks, I just mean things that could be considered little peculiarities.
My main three would be - 
1) I have to write with a fountain pen. Done this since I was about 17. If I’m somewhere where they hand me a biro I can use it, of course... but I’ll usually have a fountain pen with me.
2) Same with instant coffee. I drink filter and will often decline instant - which tastes like a completely different drink to me.
3) If I listen to an album then I listen to it from start to finish. That’s probably because I’m from the vinyl generation. A right pain to isolate tracks. So I’ve just got in the habit of playing an album through. If the phone rings I get really buzzed off.
So, there’s quite a bunch of possible quirky people on here... Do tell!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    I’m an Arsenal fan and if we’ve lost on the weekend I will not watch Match of the day that same evening. If it’s a draw I will only watch if we’ve come back from a losing position.

If playing a show I have to eat 2 hours before stage time. No less. 

I don’t call numbers back that I missed the call I don’t know or haven’t left a message. If it’s that important they’ll try again.

I can’t listen to a song stop start, it has to be from start to finish. I am so obsessed with the composition, harmonic and rhythmical value I get too analytical.
    I also get really irritated when others cut songs halfway through if they’ve put it on Spotify.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72327
    Where to start...?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    Any meal with mashed potato, cannot have a watery sauce/gravy. Because the moment it touches the mash, the whole thing is ruined. (You'd think this is widely known, but it appears not.)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    goldtop said:
    Any meal with mashed potato, cannot have a watery sauce/gravy. Because the moment it touches the mash, the whole thing is ruined. (You'd think this is widely known, but it appears not.)
    Right. Quite right. You're bloody well right.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Pauline
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Pauline
    This may need some clarification! 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26992
    goldtop said:
    What?! A good creamy sauce on mash is HEAVEN!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited May 2018
    Always eat any cooked veg first before eating the rest of meal. But it’s not weird, cold peas are rubbish 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    AlexC said:
    57Deluxe said:
    Pauline
    This may need some clarification! 
    He’s just boasting that he’s had Pauline Quirk.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26992
    I do have one for meat & 2 veg type meals. I always serve the food and lay the plate so meat is at 11 o'clock, potatoes at 2-ish and veg at 7ish. I don't know why, but anything else feels weird.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I eat the green veg first before going on to the root veg, leaving the potatoes or yorkshire pud to eat with the meat at the end.

I can't stand DJs talking over records, whether it be the intro, the outros or worse still the guitar solo, or them cutting a track off before it's done. This includes Desert Island Discs.

I probably have other quirks but I'm not going to admit to them in public.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    on advice from counsel I decline to answer the question. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 306
    When I put a CD back in the case it has to be the correct way up.
    The opening on an inner LP sleeve has to face the top of the cover, (which stops it rolling out if handled incorrectly )

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    ICBM said:
    Where to start...?
    +1
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    I dont think that I have quirks but I do have preferences and causes of rage...

I have specific requirements for breakfast sauces, eggs and bacon must have tomato ketchup and sausage, beans and black pudding must have brown sauce. However although sausages must have brown, sausage rolls must have red. 

Anyone who puts brown sauce in a bacon sandwich is almost as bad as a middle lane hog...

Talking of which, I hate people hogging the middle lane. Then there's the ones who think the slip road has right of way. 

I also really have a problem with people who jam up a photocopier and leave it. Or leave the company coffee maker with the grounds draw full or the milk container empty. Last week someone got a coffee in front of me, saw the flashing empty milk sign in front of a fridge full of milk. left it and walked away saying sorted. What exactly did he sort? Me restraining myself because I dont want to go to HR again?

However there was a good one at a hotel lobby. There were two machines and one had the flashing grounds drawer sign. The preferred action was to not report it but have a queue of 20 people on the other machine. There was one woman trying to fix it. So I went up to her emptied the grounds draw, got her a coffee and one for myself (didnt want it but it would be rude not to ) and smiled sweetly at the assorted morons. Small victories. 

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    No. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    If I have a Sunday dinner type meal, if there’s Yorkshire puddings, I have to eat it/them first. When I was a kid, it was always served separately, as a starter.
    If there’s roast potatoes, I have to eat them first, or after the Yorkshires, so they don’t get soggy from the gravy. Then I eat the veg, and then I eat the mash and meat together, at the end.

I can only watch a football match, if I see it from the kickoff, and watch the entire game. If I miss the kickoff, or any part of the game, I can’t get into it properly.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Well, there are the bodies under the patio, I'm not sure if that counts.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    As I have said before I have no quirks, it's everyone else that ranges from odd to completely fucking nuts.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916

Imelda.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom