PSA: Andertons Deal H&K

darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11806
What do we all think of these?

Looks like a bit of a bargain!

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11806
    Actually really tempted by these, anyone played through one?  The power soak feature means I could use it at home and it would make a great pedal platform.

I admit it, I'm a bit GASy at the minute ;)

I'm sure I played through an H&K belonging to @Legionreturns at the Leicester jam and thought it sounded great?
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Actually really tempted by these, anyone played through one?  The power soak feature means I could use it at home and it would make a great pedal platform.

I admit it, I'm a bit GASy at the minute ;)

I'm sure I played through an H&K belonging to @Legionreturns at the Leicester jam and thought it sounded great?
    The H&K I had at Leicester was the Switchblade, which is a tube amp with midi digital fx. The Tubemeister amps are great but you get channels and I think reverb and that's it. Great pedal platform though. The clean channel is lovely.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    Good price but I hope it sounds better than the 18w head, that was anaemic , glassy and harsh even with decent cabs :(
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    sweepy said:
    Good price but I hope it sounds better than the 18w head, that was anaemic , glassy and harsh even with decent cabs :(
    To be honest that's a similar description to how I would describe my 36 head - I always wanted to love it bit just couldn't. To be fair it always sound decent in a mix but on its own it sounds like how you described the 18.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11806
    That with pedals or guitar >> amp you both had those issues?
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I really wanted to like my GM36 and tried for 6 months until I finally admitted that I simply couldn't dial in the sound I wanted.