PSA: The National - Boxer Live CD

BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4864
edited May 2018 in Music
Quick PSA, The National, one of my personal faves since I saw them on Jools in 05 are going to release a live version of Boxer in July, I've ordered it, wasn't sure if anyone else might be interested.

I wish they'd done this with Alligator too, if I'm honest as that album and Trouble Will Find Me would be the top of the list, closely followed by Boxer, High Violet and the Cherry Tree EP. Fake Empire, the best song on Boxer for me, sounds amazing here:

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 746
    Awesome. Yes Alligator would top it for me too.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Nice. Although I’d prefer to see Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers getting a live release.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7188
    High Violet is a masterpiece. Sorrow right up there on the list of songs I wish I’d written. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4864
    edited May 2018
    Yeah I love all their output tbh, although I've yet to put the newest release on the list yet simply because I've not had chance to play it long enough yet. Such an amazing live band, seeing them at 2 small gigs they have such power when they play. 

Wish I'd gotten into them around the time of Sad Songs but wasn't far behind. The Jools performance was superb. High Violet was amazing and that tour was superb, Alligator was just there for me during a rough time so it has a special place!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Hick81Hick81 Frets: 122
    Off to see them this weekend. Can’t bloody wait 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1583
    Fake Empire - great track all round, but it is the switch from the intro which really does it for me - genius.

Bloodbuzz has also appealled much more recently - think it is the vocal delivery in the chorus that does it - like he's hardly even singing
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27155
    These guys have just "clicked" for me this last couple of weeks. 

No idea why, as I've had Boxer and High Violet for ages and just never got into them. But I've barely listened to anything else all week.  I tend to do this with a maybe one "new" band per year. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5442
    Love this band. Actually prefer their newer output over the older stuff... although 'High Violet' is the record that got me hooked, 'Trouble Will Find Me' and 'Sleep Well Beast' have surpassed it, IMO. Great sonics, great songwriting and Bryce Dessner is quickly become one of my all-time favourite guitarists...