The pain of getting older

What's Hot

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    The worst thing for me is not being able to let rip for fear of a follow through. Having Coeliac disease doesn't help in that department either.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    proggy said:
    The worst thing for me is not being able to let rip for fear of a follow through. Having Coeliac disease doesn't help in that department either.
    That's not age with me. 

That's definitely years of kebab, Indian and other spicy foods.. sometimes they just don't agree with me.

I always think I've achieved a minor victory in life if I choose to visit the smallest room rather than trooping the colour in the lounge, only to sit down and experience a pressure washer of bum gravy..
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    proggy said:
    That's not age with me. 

That's definitely years of kebab, Indian and other spicy foods.. sometimes they just don't agree with me.

I always think I've achieved a minor victory in life if I choose to visit the smallest room rather than trooping the colour in the lounge, only to sit down and experience a pressure washer of bum gravy..
    proggy said:
    That's not age with me. 

Nice..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    What advice would you give somebody in their 30s right now? :lol:
    Look after your teeth. Nothing makes you feel like an old person more than false teeth. At least I understand now why Father Mackenzie kept his in a jar by the door.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22794
    edited May 2018

I'm nearly 54.  A few years ago I was fitter than I'd been since my thirties but in the last couple of years a variety of things - mainly increased workload and having to see a lot more of my ageing dad - have left me with less time to exercise and cook healthy meals.... and even if I do have time I've got out of the habit.  For the first time I'm beginning to feel my age.

The thing which strikes me most is that I no longer seem to have any "spring" in my body.  If I have to run up stairs, or climb over a wall, or kneel down to paint a skirting board or something, my bones just scream - it's like they're having to carry round 30 stone rather than the 10 I actually weigh.

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @Philly_Q I know what you mean about not having any "spring". And any twisting movement in the back sends stabs of pain up it ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    Crikey this is a rather dispiriting thread. I’m off to buy a Porsche...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4632
    I have a Fiat 124 arriving in two week ;o)
    The topless Italian as I will call her.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    I don't know, it's making me feel better about my saggy scrotum.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    proggy said:
    proggy said:
    That's not age with me. 

proggy said:
    That's not age with me. 

Nice..

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Yesterday I was doing a bit of hoovering in the kitchen. I was wondering why it didn't appear to be picking anything up. Ah yes, plugged it in but forgot to turn it on.
    Kilgore said:
    Yesterday I was doing a bit of hoovering in the kitchen. I was wondering why it didn't appear to be picking anything up. Ah yes, plugged it in but forgot to turn it on.
    Did you not notice the lack of noise because:

a) general deafness, or

b) Radio 4 was so loud that you'd have missed a nuclear explosion?

• GuyRGuyR Frets: 1344
    scrumhalf said:
    If I can get up in the morning and find that there are no new bits hurting that's a bonus.
    Getting up in the morning is the bonus
  • mistercharliemistercharlie Frets: 333
    Yoga. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Have as much sex as you can before you get too knackered for it.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12363
    My GP reckons we’re not designed to live beyond 40. As he put it, if we were still hunter gatherers, by the time you’re middle aged you’d either be too slow to hunt so starve to death or you’d get eaten or trampled down by what we were hunting. I think he has a point. I’m 64 this year and most of my body parts are slowly getting more and more knackered. 
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Kilgore said:
    Have as much sex as you can before you get too knackered for it.
    That boat has sailed fella..... it's the missus that's too old for it I may add....
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    From what I can work out, the only advantage of getting old is that with the reduction of water in the ageing body you get drunk quicker / easier. 56 year old here.

Sage advice for the youngsters: don't exercise too much when you're young otherwise body parts will wear out quicker. All the guys that used to play regular Sunday morning footy are having their hip and knee joints replaced in their late 50's and early 60's.
  • 54 here.

And pleased as fuckin punch...don't want to re-live nowt, and don't have any daft expectations for the future. The majority of my years are behind me, not necessarily the best ones. 

Aches and pains? fuck em, I had em working 16 hours a day in me 20's and 30's.

Sex is still brilliant. I sometimes even have it when someone else is there too...

Memory..I've always forgotten the stuff that isn't important to me..shame some of it seems important to others, and they get the hump, regularly. I find the "authorities" often see their arse with me. 

What advice would I give to the young 'uns? None, live your own bloody lives, it's what they're for.

Some smart arse once said, I think the geezer was Greek..." a life unexamined, is a life wasted "
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    thomasross20 said:
    by all the accounts listed here - "make a will"
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>