Andertons H&K Tubemeister 36 Deal -now £599

What's Hot
WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
in Amps tFB Trader
Heads up .. these are a great amp particularly with the midi switching and build in attenuation

https://www.andertons.co.uk/hughes-kettner-tubemeister-tm36-combo-tm36c

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    I saw this as well, was very tempted!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
    That is a good deal...I tried the TM18 Twelve combo a while back - it sounded good through a cab but was really nasty through the internal speaker. The 36 comes with a v30 though so should hopefully be better.
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    That is a good deal...I tried the TM18 Twelve combo a while back - it sounded good through a cab but was really nasty through the internal speaker. The 36 comes with a v30 though so should hopefully be better.
    I've had a TM36 Combo for a while now .. replace the tubes and they are a great amp

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Anchorboy said:
    I've had a TM36 Combo for a while now .. replace the tubes and they are a great amp

What about if you don't @anchorboy ??

Seems a good price but if it's only "It's a good price if you drop £100 on valves" maybe not so good...?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    tFB Trader
    @darthed1981 tubes are definitely where they cut some corners - they’re not horrendous as stock - but replaced with some better quality ones the amp really comes to life. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What tubes do you replace them with, and what’s wrong with the ones it comes with?
    tFB Trader
    @Bar_Ry stock ones are cheap Chinese ones. A set of JJ or old school tubes work wonders on the tone 
  • Yeah, don't forget to dip the terminals in a good quality snake oil before fitting.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I couldn't get on with the tone of the GM36 I had and had tried loads of different valves. Before moving it on, I put the stock ones back in and actually thought it sounded better than the ones I had been using so it's worth giving them a good try.
  • Yeah, I don't think there's much wrong with the TAD valves they use as standard. I've been through periods of trying different valves on the basis of people saying they would 'transform' the amp. Made very little difference as far as I could tell.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    I wonder if this means the Tubemeister combo is being discontinued...

I can't help wishing I'd bought one of the 18 watt 1x10s when they were selling them for £299
  • One failed to sell at £150 on Ebay the other day...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • chunkmonkchunkmonk Frets: 49
    edited February 2019
    Having kept an eye on this thread and currently contemplating one as a purchase, I’m intrigued if the general opinion Tubemeister 36 is a reliable amp able to achieve decent clean and crunch without sounding too ‘glassy’?
    tFB Trader
    @chunkmonk ; . In short .. Yes