SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Ibanez S540 (Original "Custom made" Japanese run) - Trades Welcome - SOLD

What's Hot
SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698
edited November 2015 in Guitars £
Howdy - You're in just the right place if you're after an early 90's throwback Ibanez S series guitar.

This was my dream guitar since forever (the unattainable "high-end" to me back in the day). I'd only bought this last year and it was a bit of an impulse buy (for the aforementioned reason).

It's clearly been used, but not abused. The photos show the condition of everything, but please let me know if you'd like anything else taking photos of.

A couple of caveats:
1. The bridge humbucker has been replaced with a Dimarzio PAF Pro
2. This was originally a black guitar, but has been (very professionally, admittedly) resprayed in the "early 90s"/Frank Gambale bright yellow. It's such a good job that I'd not noticed until I took the back plates off and you can see the a bit of the original colour.

It could do with a new set of strings, but I'll throw in a set of D'addario strings (9-42, which is what it's set up for now).

Incidentally, my other dream guitar back in the day was a Jem 7VDY (spot a theme?) which I'm now lucky enough to own, hence I can't justify having two bright yellow Ibanez guitars.

I'm very much interested in trades - I'm after something about this level or above (with obvious cash adjustments as needed). Here's a list, but let me know if there's anything else you have and I'll let you know:
 - Ibanez Jem (anything)
 - Ibanez JS
 - Anything "higher end" and pointy (Ibanez, ESP, Charvel)
 - Custom shop telecaster
 - Fender VG strat
 - Gibson 335
 - Buckethead Les Paul (This one is a bit optimistic, but hey-ho ...)

I'm also selling a CS 54 Stratocaster as well, so if there's some weird deal for the two of them, let me know!

Price? Well, I'll put it at £400 and we'll go from there (that's what I paid).

-Bob

Full album here: album

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bennyg85bennyg85 Frets: 64

I had one of these and it was an absolutely awesome guitar for hard rock and shred. Lovely neck!

I used to hit a harmonic and then pick the whole guitar up by the trem! It never, ever went out of tune.

Bargain.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SO FRICKING COOL.  

And a bargain.  Good luck with the sale.  If I win the lottery, it's mine :) (I don't see me getting that much money quickly any other way...). 

Actually, I don't even do the lottery.
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698
    Hey, thanks for the comments :D Also, Bump!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    My pal for about 5 ton for his off ebay, it was the dead blingy one though. Ocean turquoise or something. :)

Glwts
    One last bump - open to offers before it hits the 'bay ...
    Previous comment was a lie, this is the last bump before eBay.

Make me an offer ...
    An "I never did manage to list it in eBay because I'm lazy" bump.
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    The first good guitar I ever owned, sold it to a mate when I was a bairn.  Good price for anyone after a metallers guitar.