Kids parties

What's Hot
FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
Got my lads 5th birthday party at home tomorrow, looks set to be good weather for the 2nd year running which is a huge relief.

Last year the he & the Mrs invited 15 kids thinking only half would be able to come, only to find they all confirmed! Not only that but a lot came with both parents, siblings and one even bought her grandmother! We had between 40-50 people in the house, I had to heard them into the garden but keep them out of the music room. It's nice to do it at home but I can see why people hire halls etc.  

Because the Mrs is on the PTA i think she has more to do with who's coming than he does, it's a political minefield. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I find that as my daughter gets older, her parties get less formal and more fluid. 

She's now a tweenager so I'm expecting them to start turning up with hookers and blow in the next few years. Then things will get interesting!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    We are mostly out the other side of the sleepover phase now - that's a LOT of hassle!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    axisus said:
    We are mostly out the other side of the sleepover phase now - that's a LOT of hassle!
    Fortunately mine is an August child, so sleepover requests are met with a tent appearing in the garden.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    We are not having 15 kids sleeping over!

The received wisdom for home.parties is the child's age plus one, which would have been 5 kids last year. We trebled that! 

From initial enquiries it sounds like a similar number tomorrow but I've kept my nose out of the guest list and into the BBC weather app. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    It's my eldest's eighteenth birthday party tonight.    Four metal bands booked to play in Southamptons only rock and metal themed pub, The Firehouse.  I've given him a guest list to fill with twenty friends and I'll buy each one a drink when the arrive. 

Job done.  Quite looking forward to this.... although there does seem to be a distinct lack of young ladies on the guest list....
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    RobDavies said:

although there does seem to be a distinct lack of young ladies on the guest list....
    Well sometimes it's the older ladies that can catch a young fella's eye, experience and all that...

Does sound like a good night though :)
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2238
    I've got my middle ones 30th birthday party tomorrow I've generously volunteered to run the bbq which minimises  the chance of talking to people.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    slacker said:
    I've got my middle ones 30th birthday party tomorrow I've generously volunteered to run the bbq which minimises  the chance of talking to people.
    Wow, I thought you were about 35!!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Fuengi said:
    Got my lads 5th birthday party at home tomorrow, looks set to be good weather for the 2nd year running which is a huge relief.

Last year the he & the Mrs invited 15 kids thinking only half would be able to come, only to find they all confirmed! Not only that but a lot came with both parents, siblings and one even bought her grandmother! We had between 40-50 people in the house, I had to heard them into the garden but keep them out of the music room. It's nice to do it at home but I can see why people hire halls etc.  

Because the Mrs is on the PTA i think she has more to do with who's coming than he does, it's a political minefield. 

Why are you entertaining the kids’ parents (and grannies??!!!) as well? That’s just taking the piss. Every party we had for our two when they were little just involved people dropping their kids off and collecting them later.  There’s no way I would’ve fed their granny as well.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2238
    munckee said:
    slacker said:
    Wow, I thought you were about 35!!
    I'm 56 and you have made my day. Thanks.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    edited June 2018
    boogieman said:
    Fuengi said:

Why are you entertaining the kids’ parents (and grannies??!!!) as well? That’s just taking the piss. Every party we had for our two when they were little just involved people dropping their kids off and collecting them later.  There’s no way I would’ve fed their granny as well.  
    The granny is taking the piss (if parents came as well) but who these days just drops their 4 year old off at a strangers house for two hours?

I’d expect each child at that age to be accompanied by a parent and honestly raised more of an eyebrow when we’ve hosted and kids were just pushed through the front door and left.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    It seems to be the thing now that Parents stay (and expect Prosecco and canapés )!!!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    About 20 years ago my niece had a birthday party ......she was about 8 or 9. 
    They booked an entertainer/magician .....the minute he arrived my brother and I joked to one another that he looked like an archetypal sex offender ; skinny and weedy , long hair but bald on top clown haircut with a combover ,tank top ,horrible wispy little beard etc etc.
    My brother said "I wouldn't trust him with kids "
    He did his little crappy magic but had a horrible touchy way with the little girls -we felt uncomfortable.He asked for volunteers to help pack up and 3 little girls "helped "with the white rabbit. 
    My brother listened at the door; sure enough as soon as he was alone he started asking them inappropriate questions and if they wanted to see the rabbits willy etc.....it was leading in a bad direction.
    My late brother was absolutely huge,20 stone ex-bodybuilder built like a bull .....he stormed into the room ..........."Right you little fucking pervert"......he lifted the guy off the ground, carried him outside ,gave him a couple of slaps and said get away from this house .He slammed the door and threw his magic stuff out of the window.
    He never got the rabbit back which my niece kept til it died of old age and Professor Pervy never came back for his rabbit.
    Two old Aunts unaware of what had happened who saw him drive off in a hurry were the first to say count the children we didn't like the look of him !They must have had a sixth sense.
     Guess that's why they have these CRB checks etc these days.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom