Guitar Quarterly - Issue 3

What's Hot
fandangofandango Frets: 2204
Apparently Issue 3 was due May 2018 ... any news?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
     I never received issue 2 so Im not sure Im going to worry to much about 3

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader
    So have we given up on this now?

I came across my recurring payment in Paypal the other day, and cancelled it. I hope there isn't anyone who gets caught out and forks out for another year.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    It was a right old struggle to get two issues. So yes, I think we've given up.

Am never trusting the bloke (or his other half) again. He (they) took our money and didn't deliver.

Maybe @JookyChap has something to say?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    The site says issue 3 should be due August 2018 so have faith. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    Deadman said:
    The site says issue 3 should be due August 2018 so have faith. 
    May be a rebrand to ‘Guitar Bi-annually’ might be a good idea?
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    martinw said:
    So have we given up on this now?

I came across my recurring payment in Paypal the other day, and cancelled it. I hope there isn't anyone who gets caught out and forks out for another year.

I had an e-mail many months ago from him telling me he'd cancelled the recurring payment plan, and certainly mine had been cancelled.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    fandango said:
    It was a right old struggle to get two issues. So yes, I think we've given up.

Am never trusting the bloke (or his other half) again. He (they) took our money and didn't deliver.

Maybe @JookyChap has something to say?

Mark is a super nice guy who has done a lot for a lot of people on the forum going back to the old intermusic days.  I’m assuming he’s had some problems which has led to this.

I miss his contributions to the forum.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    So do I. He's a naturally generous, go-out-of-his-way type bloke who seems to have fallen down on this thing alone. I know that doesn't help if you're down on money but it is very obvious he's genuinely concerned and is doing his damndest to get it put right. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27480
    Sad to say, I've written this off too.

I checked a couple of months ago because I realised that I'd not seen the 4:52am e-zine for a while either - the last edition was back in Feb,  and there's a message on the website about "technical issues".  That's still the message.

I know Jooky has been through some life challenges, so my concern is more for the well-being of him and his family rather than a couple of missing editions of a guitar book-zine.  He's a good guy, but it looks like  this venture has been defeated by the challenges of life.
    :(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    TTony said:
    Sad to say, I've written this off too.

I checked a couple of months ago because I realised that I'd not seen the 4:52am e-zine for a while either - the last edition was back in Feb,  and there's a message on the website about "technical issues".  That's still the message.
    Ah, so maybe he’s hired some of the Musicradar team and that’s the problem. :)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    Given the mans proven record I am still prepared to wait it out. We all get those challenges in life once in a while and I wish @JookyChap every success. I seem to recall being told that no new payments would be taken without first being advised anyway.

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Doesn’t matter to me. I loved the first two issues and 4.52am was great. Never met the chap but we’ve been exchanged emails - top fella - and I wish him all the best.