Anthony Bourdain RIP

danodano Frets: 502
Such sad tragic news this morning. 

I'e been watching / reading / following him for the last 20 years and he never fails to make me smile and incredibly informative.

A great chef, writer, traveller and explorer with a great punk attitude. 

Another you'l be missed, the world is that little bit worse off today.

formerly imported_dannyboy on MR... before they 'imported' me from the total guitarist forums :-')
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 11053
    Very sad. I don't know his stuff that well but he always came across as a fantastic guy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 1107
    Only knew him through kitchen confidential and no reservations but he seemed like the sort of bloke you'd have a great night out with.
  • stickersticker Frets: 598

Strange but I feel gutted about this one , I read Kitchen Confidential in 2004 after discovering " A Cooks tour" on tv and followed his programmes whenever I could .

he was a great storyteller and a fascinating character , one of my "fantasy dinner party guests" .

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 1842
    I took a punt on Kitchen Confidential after he read extracts on R4s Book of the Week and became a massive fan. He was completely rock and roll compared to our tame TV chefs. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 108
    Didn’t take to his book at all but as a presenter I really liked him . Seemed the kind of bloke you could crack on to in a pub and feel like you’d known him for years.

for a classically trained chef he didn’t half like some stodgy pissheads food mind. 

He he will be missed.