WORLD CUP 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    I'll say it again - I'm not a football fan, but holy shit, that was intense!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    edited July 2018
    Pickford is a superb keeper.  Any less of a goalie in the team and we'd have been toast long ago.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    Emp_Fab said:
    Pickford is a superb keeper.  Any less of a goalie in the team and we'd have been toast long ago.
    He gets it from earning very scrappy clean sheets for the likes of Darlington on cold Saturday afternoons at crappy grounds. LEGEND.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12356
    Easy win bring on Sweden. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    That was hard work just watching that for nearly two hours. 

England showing enough weaknesses that we could be pulled apart by a better team still but FFS I could cry right now. Phew! 

And I don’t get the Colombian tactics - effectively they would have won that match had they not given away a penalty 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    I feel weird watching a successful penalty shoot out. Can’t wait for the Sweden match. 

• FarleyUK said:
    Ditto, only caught the last few minutes of regular time and thought there they go again. Didn't know that England had never won a penalty shoot-out, so that was a bit good eh?
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    cpcompany said:
    I feel weird watching a successful penalty shoot out. Can’t wait for the Sweden match. 
    Be nice to play a European team who aren't a bunch of dirty, violent bastards.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Holy f*cking shit balls!!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader

England showing enough weaknesses that we could be pulled apart by a better team still but FFS I could cry right now. Phew! 

And I don’t get the Colombian tactics - effectively they would have won that match had they not given away a penalty 
    yeah exactly, when Columbia actually tried to play football they were the better team. Only themselves to blame for playing dirty cheating squabbling pussies for 70 minutes. IT'S COMING HOME!
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126

FarleyUK said:
    Ditto, only caught the last few minutes of regular time and thought there they go again. Didn't know that England had never won a penalty shoot-out, so that was a bit good eh?
    Won against Spain in Euro 96 didn’t we ?
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    Three cheers for the manager who made that possible - Pochettino!

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

I wilted under the pressure, like I did in 1990.  Went out on my bike after full time after ET, and ended up watching the last England penalty with some guys putting cones out on the A34.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    cpcompany said:

FarleyUK said:
    Won against Spain in Euro 96 didn’t we ?
    Never in the world cup. That was a little bit of history being written. This team may not be the best but at least they are trying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294

yeah exactly, when Columbia actually tried to play football they were the better team. Only themselves to blame for playing dirty cheating squabbling pussies for 70 minutes. IT'S COMING HOME!
    Colombia had, I think, more shots on target and scored from free play. England had a bunch of set pieces they made little use of. 
    Got to be optimistic about the Sweden match. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    munckee said:
    Easy win bring on Sweden. 
    By the time we play Brazil, we’ll be used to beating yellow teams  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Wow... What a game. I really enjoyed it, even the penalty shootout.

Forgive the swearing, but it is fucking awesome to be able to watch it, without expecting to win. The win is just such a bonus! More of the same (well a win in normal time would be good) against Sweden please!
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well that’s 2 hours of my life I’ll never get back. What a 5hit game. If there was justice in football England and Colombia would both be eliminated and Japan get to play in the next round.

Sure it’s great England advance and broke the penalty curse but for most of the game England just didn’t look like they wanted it. Colombia were a disgrace but at least they managed to score a real goal.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    *moan*
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom