WORLD CUP 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Dilemma time.
    I managed to get tickets to Chester v Liverpool friendly this Saturday. Kick off is 3pm.......
    Do I watch my home town get stuffed by Liverpool or England on the telly....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    monofin said:
    Dilemma time.
    I managed to get tickets to Chester v Liverpool friendly this Saturday. Kick off is 3pm.......

That's easy. Go to the match.
    England lose, wasnt worth watching
    England win, more important game coming.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    p90fool said:
    It's a fair point, Us poor Welsh get shite from the English ( I know it goes both ways) and still get all the shite from other countries from being British. I'll never forget being on holiday in Turkey, and me and my mate were getting evils from a group of lads every night at the hotel (we both had long hair, assumed it was just that). One shouted at us for being F'in English, to which we replied we were Welsh. They instantly became our best mates, and we went on some quality night outs together. In case you hadn't guessed, they were Scottish. Anyway, I'm routing for England, and I've been called some pretty strong stuff by other Welsh people for doing so. Writing this, it might just be me as a person, nothing to do with nationality.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    Surprisingly (or not...) the South Americans are claiming "We wuz robbed!"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44716774

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Nitefly said:

I don't care for Maradona's opinion. He was the greatest footballer at one time, but he was also a handball cheat and also a drug-using cheat. They can say what they like, they are out and we are in. Plenty of media coverage today (not all UK) of how 'dirty' they were and the fact that they could have won if they'd have just played football.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    And he would know all about robbing, embarrassing junkie.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    edited July 2018
    You know I always want scotland, wales, northern ireland and Eire to win if they play anyone other than England.  Don''t understand all the hatred.  There was a scottish guy getting stick in the pub last night which he laughed off but he started it referring to Colombia as we and standing for their anthem then booing the British anthem.

I know theres hundreds of years of history but I didn't cause it!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    axisus said:
    Nitefly said:

I don't care for Maradona's opinion. He was the greatest footballer at one time, but he was also a handball cheat and also a drug-using cheat. They can say what they like, they are out and we are in. Plenty of media coverage today (not all UK) of how 'dirty' they were and the fact that they could have won if they'd have just played football.

I suspect the hand of the Colombian team laying the ground for not getting shot when they get home...  :3

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5144
    Is it just me, or does Jose Pekerman look like someone cross-bred Roger Waters and Paul McCartney?

Image result for jose pekerman

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    edited July 2018
    lol yeah he does. He's a great Argentinian coach. Won lots of U20 world cups with ARG through majestic footie.
    The media is mired in scepticism and desbelief. ENG haven't been as awful as some pundits say, and to cap it all off now it isn't an impossible way to the top if ENG want to lift the cup. Keep enjoying the show, lads.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    munckee said:
    You know I always want scotland, wales, northern ireland and Eire to win if they play anyone other than England.  Don''t understand all the hatred.  There was a scottish guy getting stick in the pub last night which he laughed off but he started it referring to Colombia as we and standing for their anthem then booing the British anthem.

Not sure how much Anglo Irish history you learned in school but that’s one reason why a lot of Irish won’t support England. A bit silly nowadays perhaps but that’s life.
    The rest of the time it’s probably just sporting rivalry and nothing more.
    I think most Irish aren’t bothered who wins it this year.
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    It goes beyond history. Every Aussie seems to look down on every single living creature in New Zealand. The Americans despise their Canadian 'brothers'... argies and people from Chile would slaughter each other if they could... and the list goes on.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    munckee said:

I'm the same.. I'll always be cheering for the UK nations and ROI win if they're not playing England or Spain..
    I've always thought of them in terms of 'us'..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I like watching most sport and it's fun to get behind your local and national teams or individuals, but there is just this line of ridiculousness that gets crossed all too often. Booing national anthems, fighting, crying at a result, hounding players and referees etc things I've never understood.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited July 2018
    I'm English 'til I Die etc...being proud of being English must mean I'm a racist

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I'm English 'til I Die 
    that's what usually happens... lol
    play every note as if it were your first
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    edited July 2018
    I'm English 'til I Die etc...being proud of being English must mean I'm a racist
    It doesn't mean anything of the sort, but it is as bizarre as being proud of being five feet ten - it was really just an accident.  

If being born in a certain place is your crowning achievement you can't have done much with your life since. 
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

p90fool said:

Wondering why the Colombians protested so hard after the penalty was given? Have a look at what Kane did first to Sanchez. There were no replays or analysis of the event by the one eyed ITV  pundits. Kane first shoves Sanchez forwards then pulls or pushes him back. To say it was a definate penalty without analysing the replays; imagine the reaction if it was givenagaist England. Just saying (dives for cover)

The trouble is Sanchez starts with both hands around him and then mounts his back at the end.  Perhaps Kane has been clever with a pull of him, but when a defender starts trying to block your movement in any direction but backwards, then jumps on your back, it's a penalty.

Don't want to give away a penalty?  Don't start with your hands around the forward, don't jump on his back if he gets away from you.   Try to defend the ball.

Kane was definitely playing the game, drawing fouls throughout the game.  England have never been good at this side of the game, always honest compared to the experts of playing the advantage.  Colombia were so transparent in their game plan, they really can't complain when England do some of it back.  It's a pity Colombia didn't try to play football really, rather than setting out their stall early 'win at all costs'.

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    monofin said:
    Dilemma time.

This is a great shame for Chester i think Liverpool have given Chester all the gate receipts for this game so potentially a big financial loss for Chester idk. Suppose it will depend on How many tickets they have sold. If its a sell out and ticket only then the money is already in the bag. 
    I would watch the England Game your not that far from Anfield if you want to watch a Liverpool match in the future.(Probably not against Chester though).