Smart flangers

EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
I am currently salivating over the idea of an Alexander Pedals F13 Neo Flanger. Relatively expensive ( by my standards anyway) and has a massive bunch of features I'll probably never use. At the moment my band has two gigs booked so after that it would just be an expensive paperweight. But, y'know...

So are there any other clever flangers out there? Pedals that do a bit more than some basic flanging? I could probably name about twenty smart arse delays and even a couple of clever chorus pedals but flanging seems to be the poor relative of the digital world. I want to sound like Andy Summers and a distressed alien who has crash landed in Smethwick.

Ta.
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    The new EQD flanger looks to be a smorgasbord of endless swirly goodness. Expensive as well of course. I'd love to try it out.

The Keeley Bubbletron has a 'dynamic flange' option which responds to your playing along with a customary standard flange, as well as a phaser and filter. Plus I'm selling one so...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Dopesick said:
    The new EQD flanger looks to be a smorgasbord of endless swirly goodness. Expensive as well of course. I'd love to try it out.

The Keeley Bubbletron has a 'dynamic flange' option which responds to your playing along with a customary standard flange, as well as a phaser and filter. Plus I'm selling one so...
    Cheers.
    Does the Bubbletron do non dynamic stuff? 

The EQD is definitely out of my price bracket.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6095
    I have a Maxon FL-9 up for sale, it can do everything from faux chorus through to phaser like sounds. I've moved to bass mostly and the Boss Hi Band excels for that - working on the octave up gives a really defined clear sound. The Maxon is old school though, no digital manipulation so perhaps not what you're looking for.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    JezWynd said:
    I have a Maxon FL-9 up for sale, it can do everything from faux chorus through to phaser like sounds. I've moved to bass mostly and the Boss Hi Band excels for that - working on the octave up gives a really defined clear sound. The Maxon is old school though, no digital manipulation so perhaps not what you're looking for.
    I think, ideally, something that does a bit of mainstream flange and I can get a wacky noise out of it if I want to as well.