Oil City Experiences?

What's Hot
thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
I really fancy a pair of Oil City pickups but I emailed them on Sunday and still not heard back which is a bit worrying; one of the things I love so much about Bare Knuckle is that they respond very quickly to any queries.

Has anyone purchased from them and found this to be a problem or is this atypical for them?

I know they get a lot of praise on this forum hence posting the question here.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28173
    I've always contacted Ash here and had very quick responses.

@TheGuitarWeasel
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    Well @TheGuitarWeasel is the company owner.  Tagging so he's aware of this thread :)

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    It is possible that at this time of year Ash is on holiday? I don't know but just throwing that out there.
    I know it's old fashioned, but the business has a telephone number 0208 257 0281 you could try that?
    I hope you get a quick resolution to your query.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Also, your email might have inadvertently ended up in a junk folder by mistake - it does happen.. I’d also recommend a call or a PM on here as an alternate method.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    I bought something off Ash a couple of years ago and the service was spot on.
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    I bought a pickup years ago and it was great, I imagine things have only got better with time. 
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    Ash is a top bloke and makes great pickups, he might just be on holiday as already mentioned.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Top pickups and service from Ash, I messaged him on hear but didn’t hear back for a day or so, so emailed him and heard back within the hour. Quoted two weeks lead time and they were with me within 4 days!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • I wish when people were on holiday they’d setup an out of office auto reply. Takes seconds to do it 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    I sent @TheGuitarWeasel ; a message on here which ash responded to the following day... once I’d decided to order I used the old fashioned method of “calling him”... on an actual phone and everything!!!!!

Was on the phone to Ash for just over an hour!!! Discussing pickups, guitars and camera gear...

ordered and the pickup was wound and sent out the same day!!!! Turned up a day later and went in the guitar...

best service I’ve encountered in a long time!...
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Ash went to a lot of trouble over my order for some zebra coil humbuckers which I wanted with gold slugs and screws, just to get these with a good enough, consistent finish - a lot of places wouldn't have gone that extra mile for sure, and it was appreciated. Also, the guitar (an Ibanez AS103 semi-acoustic) just sounds utterly gorgeous with his pickups - as time has gone by, I've appreciated this improvement more and more in fact.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5161
    I’ve got some Oil City Master Wound Blues pickups in my Strat which Ash very kindly donated to a great charity cause on this very forum....He’s a top bloke who also happens to make some stellar pickups :)
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    Ordered from OilCity a couple of times. Ash always responded promptly, and items arrived sooner than expected both times. Sent him an email earlier this week regarding which pickup might be suitable for a possible order. Ash replied within the hour.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    Superb  pickups. Superb service. I always phone  Ash up and have a chat about is products and listen to his advice. He makes seriously good pickups. I’ve had the lot, B knuckles, OX4’s but none came anywhere near his Masterwound PAF’s.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Ash is a legend, have had quite a bit of stuff from him and 10/10 would recommend.  I PM him through the forum
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    +1 Ash top fella for product and service.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    He rewound some PRS pickups with rectangular bobbins and curved tops for me and had to build new jigs to do so. They came out perfectly.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Very relieved to read all these replies because I do want the pickups, would just be scared off ordering if others came back saying they had difficulties contacting them.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    +1 Great stuff from Ash. Very quick turnaround in my experience. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 907
    edited June 2018
    He could just be going through a busy period. I've ordered a few pickups from him, some arrived super quick but 1 time they took they quoted 2 weeks - he later explained that he had been exceptionally busy, which is fair enough.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/