The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Pick mine up a week on Sunday from our good friends at Peach :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddly said:
    I got my Red Sound LG12 a few weeks ago and was immediately impressed with the sound. I did feel it was lacking a little bit of the clarity of the DXR10 though. I decided to try both, pole mounted the DXR with the Red Sound on the floor in front.

I've done a band practice and three gigs with this set up and it's awesome! One of the best sounds I've ever had. Loads of headroom, projects well on stage and is completely controllable. It's a fairly light rig too.
    Mate, which Red Sound speaker did you get mate ? Active or passive ?
    Active. This one but B Stock! 
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/red_sound_rs_lg12_active_black.htm
  • sweepy said:
    Pick mine up a week on Sunday from our good friends at Peach :)
    Awesome!!! Congrats. Have you ever tried one before? I'm sure we've spoken about it before!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2399
    drwiddly said:
    drwiddly said:
    I got my Red Sound LG12 a few weeks ago and was immediately impressed with the sound. I did feel it was lacking a little bit of the clarity of the DXR10 though. I decided to try both, pole mounted the DXR with the Red Sound on the floor in front.

I've done a band practice and three gigs with this set up and it's awesome! One of the best sounds I've ever had. Loads of headroom, projects well on stage and is completely controllable. It's a fairly light rig too.
    Surely you'd need this one if you have a Kemper...? ;)

https://www.thomann.de/gb/red_sound_rs_lg12_active.htm?sid=0c73e871b6031ae0c5eade295da3e713
  • FarleyUK said:
    drwiddly said:
    drwiddly said:

Surely you'd need this one if you have a Kemper...? ;)

https://www.thomann.de/gb/red_sound_rs_lg12_active.htm?sid=0c73e871b6031ae0c5eade295da3e713
    That's the one Ive got !

I did have a passive one from Thomann, which I foolishly sent back when I had a wobble. Then, amazingly, an active one in Kemper green appeared on our beloved forum...

... and I snaffled it up !!
  • Nah, I have the rack model.  ;)
  • Do they still sell the passive ones?

• Do they still sell the passive ones?
    Last time I looked, they had none left... but they might be waiting for stock
  • Mrs would batter me, but it'd be nice to know if they still make them...asking for a friend! Haha :-)

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    I do think those Headrush active FRFR monitors look ridiculously good value 
    sweepy said:
    I do think those Headrush active FRFR monitors look ridiculously good value 
    Think they’re re-badged Alto’s.
  • One thing I'll say about Fractal is that they release stuff regularly, I love that. Waiting for this Kemper release, with the new reverbs, is proving to be quite excruciating. Maybe they're perfectionists.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I got a passive Red Sound speaker a few weeks ago - but I think it was more of a one off rather than a regular stock update.  I think you can still buy them direct from RS.
    One thing I'll say about Fractal is that they release stuff regularly, I love that. Waiting for this Kemper release, with the new reverbs, is proving to be quite excruciating. Maybe they're perfectionists.
    They're German, aren't they? Normally a lot of processes and red tape involved (trust me, I should know, as I work for one of the biggest German companies in the World).
  • Ahh, ok, yeah I know what you mean. As long as it's a quality product, that's what matters, I guess!

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I am getting impatient for those new reverbs.  I suppose I could use it with my Big Sky at the moment, but loses the simplicity of having everything in one box.
  • crunchman said:
    I am getting impatient for those new reverbs.  I suppose I could use it with my Big Sky at the moment, but loses the simplicity of having everything in one box.
    You know, I loved my Big Sky, loved it...

But when I got into the Kemper verbs, and the reality of using them (infinity and hold feats for example), the Big Sky and the Timeline were sold.

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited September 2018
    crunchman said:
    I've got a FX8 and it's still very simple, just plug in a few cables and it's double the fun! Sometimes I do go direct into the Kemper for clean tones or amp distortion. It's all hooked into my laptop via SPDIF, and there is a reamp box back into the FX8 (I can also reamp inside the Kemper via SPDIF).

I think my next move will be a DI splitter, so that I can record the dry signal from the full rig for reamping through the FX8. I can also capture dry takes with my audio interface if I track through Helix Native. With this setup I've also got fx inside my DAW, Soundtoys, Eventide, Valhalla, etc..

I was toying with the idea of getting some external pedals, but it's probably overkill. I wouldn't mind a PDF2 and a few drives sitting between the FX8 and Kemper though 
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • The new reverbs are just around the corner, I'm sure. I know what @crunchman and @Wazmeister are talking about with 1 box simplicity, it's a luxury.

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited September 2018
    The new reverbs are just around the corner, I'm sure. I know what @crunchman and @Wazmeister are talking about with 1 box simplicity, it's a luxury.
    It takes me seconds to liberate my Kemper for solo playing, it's all plug n play, but I have the option of complexity when required! My next track is going to have 20 delays and 10 reverbs on it 
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.