New Sampler Day.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 5359
    Nice. I really want a Volca Sample but this thing is about a million times cooler. 
    Have a look at this chap. Really knows his gear. 

Thats seriously cool. I'd love some of the guys doing this kind of syuff to put together a "how I did that" tutorial. There's so much going on its hard to work out whats coming from where. 

I came across this the other week, its incredible:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 129
    Can you play the samples on the Octatrack polyphonically?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 19187
    wave100 said:
    Can you play the samples on the Octatrack polyphonically?
    Do you mean like you would with an Akai- lay a sample across a keyboard and play it at different pitches.
    No it isn't that sort of device- there are loads of things that do that.
    The Octatrack is a very different sort of thing.

It is pretty freely configurable but I do something quite similar to this guy in terms of how I use it:

Basically I use a couple of static engines, a couple of flex engines, one pickup and one through engine.
    Each track can be edited and mangled well beyond what you can do with a traditional sampler- and you have 8 tracks of sequencing.
    You can build an entire track quite quickly with it and one shot samples can be morphed into rhythmic loops, or melodic phrases.

It is incredibly deep- I've been using it for the last few months and I'm still finding fairly major things that I didn't know it did.
    I am the juice of four limes.
    Trading Feedback