BBC biased in favour of England at World Cup ....

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Yawn.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited June 2018
    You're always going to get a bias, and there's not much wrong with that, i do however hate when the build up to Botswanan v Chile is dominated with talk about England.

My biggest worry is the media have decided England are now going to win the world cup after beating the mighty Panama, then when they don't win it they will blame individuals and crucify them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    Well, it is a darned sight better than being the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation!!!

I would be surprised if the traitorous elite at the BBC haven't instructed the footy pundits to show support for Belgium.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    underdog said:
    You're always going to get a bias, and there's not much wrong with that, i do however hate when the build up to Botswanan v Chile is dominated with talk about England.

My biggest worry is the media have decided England are now going to win the world cup after beating the mighty Panama, then when they don't win it they will blame individuals and crucify them.
    But Panama qualified for the World Cup .... which is more than [XXXXXX] did!!

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    rocktron said:
    Well, it is a darned sight better than being the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation!!!

I would be surprised if the traitorous elite at the BBC haven't instructed the footy pundits to show support for Belgium.

FIFA have threatened England if there's any repeat of singing at the 2016 Euros .... along the lines of F**k off EU and we're leaving soon ... etc.

I suspect the fans will have a few beers and totally ignore FIFA ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    Anyone else unable to read Panama without thinking of the chorus to the Van Halen song?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Who cares? Don’t like it? Don’t listen/watch/read it.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    Some people just have too much time on their hands.

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    What the fuck? Are those Tweets real?

This just in: sport isn't politics. C*nts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • funkyfrazfunkyfraz Frets: 93
    I'm Scottish, and I've noticed this lots over the years. Scotland are allowed to have passionate Scots on the telly, the Welsh are allowed a passionate Welsh person, but if England do it, its seen as bias.

Its wrong. People get their knickers in a twist about absolutely nothing! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • Well I’m now supporting Swissalbania after Shaqiri’s heroics.

Some of the pundits are terrible tho. Zabaleta, who I like as a pundit, was giving an interesting insight into the mate beverage drunk in south america, cue Phil Neville’s idiotic comments (is it a fashion thing? It’s just a cup with a straw in it!)  Many pundits don’t appear to know any player that doesn’t play for a prem team, barca or real. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

I seem to remember the same BBC getting excited for Wales in the Euro's, and rightly so.
    I can't remember many complaints from anybody about that?

Also, like it or not, England is the only country representing Britain at these championships, so there's bound to be some bias, towards.......the only team representing Britain.

When Wales,  Northern Ireland or Scotland get passionate, it's their amazing 'national pride'.  Some Ex England players use the word 'we' and the Twatters go into melt down.

It's a shame English national pride has been stolen by PC zealots and far right tossers.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    edited June 2018
    This thread could also be titled cock ends on Twitter constantly need to bleat about something.

Thank fuck they only get 140 characters...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Fretwired said:
    rocktron said:

FIFA have threatened England if there's any repeat of singing at the 2016 Euros .... along the lines of F**k off EU and we're leaving soon ... etc.

I suspect the fans will have a few beers and totally ignore FIFA ....
    The logical response for the opposing teams is "F**k off England, we're glad you're leaving soon..."

Now I've given them that one, everyone can shout their hearts out and get over themselves.

They could deal with the supposed pro-England bias by having some current Scotch and Welsh players on the panel, they aren't doing anything right now after all ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4981
    Can't imagine that other countries TV stations won't be cheering on their national teams
    True, but is the BBC not a UK wide service rather than an English one? 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28183
    Thread title should be appended with "shocker".
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    I’ve nothing against the use of ‘we’ and ‘us’ by the English pundits when they’re talking about England.

What annoys me is the amount of times they talk about England when presenting coverage of other games. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Every tweet in that article that I clicked on, seems to have been done by a Scot, which explains it I guess, unfortunately. 
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom