Coda, Peach or other?

What's Hot

Comments

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Have been going to Peach for years and the service was amazing in the old shop and the second premises but now they have quite easily the best guitar store in the U.K to go with that great service. 

Has anyone been to the new place? I mean it actually takes your breath away. I can confidently say there is no way there’s another store in Europe that has the amount of different and unique brands to try as in that place - they have really cultivated something brilliant now. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Go to both! When you do come to ours, ask for me, John - I’ll give you a tour around the new store and show you the video and photo studio setup etc as well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    Yep...John's right, go to both..a lot of people like to come and visit both stores to find what they want, we see it all the time,not quite as close as a couple of years ago but not all that far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Doug and I often comment about how we see gear that we’ve sold on each other’s sites! I guess we’re all in the ultimate quest for tone and the journey can take us down different paths 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • If you can only make it to one store, I'd spend a bunch of time on their websites seeing which store had the best selection of guitars that you think will float your boat. They both seem to have some awesome stuff in stock, but if there are one or too that really tickle your pickle, go try those first.

But yeah, if you're gonna be blowing a large amount of hard-earned/hard-saved cash you probably should try as many stores as feasible to make sure you get it right!
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9308
    Agree that the new Peach store is a thing of beauty and worth a visit on its own. John has always looked after me and there’s never been any rush. I’ve literally spent hours playing different guitars with no hassle.
    Coda also great and have a superb range, especially on the amp front. My only downside with Coda is that I’m still haunted by the fact I didn’t buy a Chris Fleming thinline nocaster that Doug offered to me at crazy money. I’m gutted I didn’t walk away with it
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    Only ever been to Coda for a few pedals. Very helpful staff, good advice, and though I wasn't spending much money was still given plenty of time to try out stuff with absolutely no pressure. Good experience.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • brownovichbrownovich Frets: 417
    Well my preference is usually Peach, it’s on my doorstep, the store is stunning, the range of stock is amazing, there’s usually good used bargains to be had, and there’s plenty of space/rooms to try stuff without getting in the way. You can really spend time testing things in an environment set up for the task. Makes a big difference being able to really hear the gear you’re trying without another 5 customers playing in the same room. Knowledgable staff, loadsa parking, and easy to get to too.

That said Coda is also worth a visit and have always done me a good deal, there’s usually some gems dotted around the store.

So I agree with the others, do both, but make sure you allow enough time in Peach as you will probably wanna spend a good while testing different things out.
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Visit both.

But you will probably buy from Peach.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30916
    edited June 2018
    Doug, John P,  looks like you guys an item now?

Congrats- we're broad minded here x

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30916
    Just joking aside; my experiences
    Coda- bought maybe 3 plus an amp off them-

1. I decided I didn't like one of the strats I bought (Custom Deluxe with horrible glass like Abby pick ups)- swapped immediately for a CS356 and no probs.
    2. Bought a tone king imperial, it got a small ding in transit, Ryan refunded 200 quid without even questioning me (this was my 4th big pruchase and they knew and trusted me)

Peach:

Bought an R9 off them- couldn't be more helpful if they'd tried- John P's banter via email is great!

You honestly couldn't have a better company, either. Both are in it long haul and that comes across.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Add guitats4you to your list also. Not that far from you and some great stock always in there
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    monofin said:
    Add guitats4you to your list also. Not that far from you and some great stock always in there
    you even get a cup of tea!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Both great when I’ve dealt with them. Haven’t been to Peach’s new shop but plan to. Really liking their YouTube channel at the mo.
    Main thing for me is that they both take good number of pictures and show weight for stuff like CS Fenders. Try getting that at GuitarGuitar, no weight, 2 pics and a discription that is usually inaccurate for a £3k guitar is the norm there.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2594
    I had a good experience when I visited Peach, never visited Coda though I have bought from them (DGT).  Based on admittedly limited experience I get a more positive vibe about Coda.  I also get the impression their used prices are a bit keener.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1465
    edited June 2018
    Despite being about 450 miles away, I've bought around 25-30 guitars from Coda over the years, and probably at least 10 amps. They've never let me down once, they've always been an absolute pleasure to deal with, an along the way they've introduced me to the very best gear I've ever played. They are also very generous when it comes to trade-ins.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 98
    As mentioned earlier, given your location - Sound Affects in Ormskirk remains a little under the radar, but is an excellent store with incredibly helpful staff. Not the breadth of choice as per Coda and Peach, of course.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Gassage said:
    Doug, John P,  looks like you guys an item now?

Congrats- we're broad minded here x
    So new shop gonna be Coach or Peda....

Er...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've never been in Peach, but I've been into Coda once a couple of years ago. They happily let me play whatever PRS and Gibsons I wanted and only interrupted me once to ask if I wanted to plug into an amp. I should go back soon, they're really not that far from me.

Also GuitarGuitar have a lot of interesting stuff, and similarly the staff at Camden let me get on and play whatever I wanted, and were helpful when I asked for assistance.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    edited July 2018
    Good news about Coda, I bought two guitars at the same time and they gave me a good discount!

Bad news about Coda, I only went in for a quick browse....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom