Flange & Phase in one pedal. What's out there?

What's Hot
AxeWieldingBastardAxeWieldingBastard Frets: 156
edited July 2018 in FX
Im currently using an Amdek phase and flanger and i really like the sounds (the flanger especially, the phaser could be a bit more subtle if im being picky), but im looking to see if i can save some space by getting an all in one.
Ive found a couple of things, but most ive found are digital and dont seem to quite have the sound im after. I thought the Alexander Wavelength could be my way, but im not hearing it in the demos. Closest ive found is probably the Source Audio Orbital.
I dont need a crazy multi effect with loads of redundancy, just a phaser and a flanger in one box. I thought the Keeley Bubbletron could be a contender, but the whole 'dynamic' thing put me off- seems more like an envelope filter situation to me.

Im considering just buying one of those mini one knob orange phasers to save some room and just hanging on to the Amdek Flanger.

Am i missing anything? Any products out there that have escaped my notice?

Would appreciate any ideas/ options you can throw my way.

Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6061
    Check out the Maxon/Ibanez FL-9. Although it's badged as a straight flanger, there are some very phaserish sounds in there (and some nice chorus like ones as well).
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6683
    edited July 2018
    Keeley Bubbletron. 

Phase, flanger, envelope all in one. Plus it does dynamic (envelope) phase, dynamic (envelope) flange and random synth filter. All with a really small footprint. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    Budget - Mooer Mod factory
    Medium - Dr scientist Bitquest
    High - Strymon Mobius
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Marshall Regenerator

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• AxeWieldingBastardAxeWieldingBastard Frets: 156
    edited July 2018
    @JezWynd Thanks, i like me some Maxon. Will check out the FL9.

@Merlin I want to like the Bubbler but i can only find one vid demoing the bank 2 sounds and it's not very comprehensive. I think bank 2 is where i would live on that pedal. Ill have to see if i can find a store with one in stock so i can suss it out.

@MrMusic I sold my Bitquest a year or so ago and i can't even remember why- baka! I don't recall it having a phaser tho? Will check out the mooer with interest. Cheap and small could be just the ticket for now. 

@ICBM thanks for your suggestion. Id completely overlooked the marshall pedal range. Will give that some thought.

Im not an analogue snob by any means, but i get the most use out of this type of effect by slapping it over a high gain sound for lead lines. Helps you get that filtered, laser beam edge to the sound ala Siamese Dream era Corgan. I think it needs to be analogue to have that sort of chewy, hollowed out fizz, as im not getting that vibe from the digital modellers. Would make my life easier if there was a modelled sound that groks that analogue vibe. The mod sounds on my M5 weren't too shabby, but it went bump at the begining of this year ffs.
    Thanks again for your suggestions guys.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6683
    edited July 2018

@Merlin I want to like the Bubbler but i can only find one vid demoing the bank 2 sounds and it's not very comprehensive. I think bank 2 is where i would live on that pedal. Ill have to see if i can find a store with one in stock so i can suss it out.
    If you're anywhere near Brighton you can drop in and try mine out. Both Bank 1 and Bank 2 are great. I got it mainly for the dynamic phaser, which is great. 
  • Thanks for the offer @merlin that's really kinf of you. 
    Im in north london so its probably a bit too far, but thanks  :) although If I can contrive to come to Brighton for the day i may take you up on it. There are some decent guitar shops down there if memory serves :)