Trapped Thai kids

What's Hot

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    From what I understand it was a freak accident, the river bursting and breaking through into the cave.. I know it does this every year but it shouldn't have burst through, and certainly not this early. 
    They also apparently also went on a lot of group/team building outings, and as for no caving experience, they shouldn't have needed much to go as far as they originally did, it was only the waters that forced them the 2km underground.

As for calling for jail!? So if your in an accident/victim or circumstance you should go to jail? 

While we're at it, let's jail Puerto Rico for getting hit by a hurricane....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72327
    The coach is probably the only reason they’re all still alive - for someone with no caving experience to lead them that far into the cave under that sort of pressure is remarkable. They somehow made it through some of the most difficult passages - even when dry - and found a place where they could survive, then they appear to have maintained an almost unbelievable calmness for over a week until they were found. I just hope he makes it out, since he’ll undoubtedly be the last.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    He's also the weakest, since he wouldn't have any of what little food they had, he insisted the kids got it all.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1137
    This related story from the BBC is worth a read. It sends shivers through me to think of how terrifying such an experience must be. Good point at the end about how keeping one's emotions in check is essential.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-40558067
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    According to an update I've just had from Sky News, all 12 lads and their coach are safely out...  In awe of the selfless heroism that made it possible.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    A quite amazing story and such good news that it appears to have had a positive outcome. 
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Fantastic news!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Excellent news that they're all out. just waiting for 3 seals and the doctor ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    !t brings a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat thinking about the heroism involved here. Those divers need medals! 11hr round trip the first time. Recognition for everyone involved as well, must be a massive team. Amazing that the boys all stayed calm as well, I could not have done that at any age without a major panic attack. Such a relief that they are out.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Everyone loves a happy ending in Thailand.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2018
    Fantastic work - well done to all involved.

*edit* and I just read that Saman Gunan, the diver who died, will be honoured with a state funeral.

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    edited July 2018
    axisus said:
    !t brings a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat thinking about the heroism involved here. Those divers need medals! 11hr round trip the first time. Recognition for everyone involved as well, must be a massive team. Amazing that the boys all stayed calm as well, I could not have done that at any age without a major panic attack. Such a relief that they are out.
    The Thai Doctors have confirmed that they were given medication to stem the panic - not sedated but some form of calming drug I suppose - apparently used by the Thai Military.

Regardless though, what brave kids...
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    I'm not an especially claustrophobic person, but the idea of having to maneuver through a 15" gap in a flooded cave, with almost no visibility, far underground, with full scuba gear and oxygen tank, gives me the heebie-jeebies. Massive respect to all those who took part in the rescue operation, especially the volunteer cave divers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    welshboyo said:
    axisus said:
    The Thai Doctors have confirmed that they were given medication to stem the panic - not sedated but some form of calming drug I suppose - apparently used by the Thai Military.

Regardless though, what brave kids...
    Anti-Anxiety stuff apparently. Can imagine the parents wanting some too!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Mental note: never fight Thailand, special forces much too good!

Exceptional achievement and a great good news story for once!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    Would like to hear that the remaining three divers and doctor were out too.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Superb news. 
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Amazing, I honestly thought this would be a recovery, not a rescue.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited July 2018
    What a relief. Excellent and heart-warming news.

Well done all concerned
    ewal said:
    Would like to hear that the remaining three divers and doctor were out too.
    All divers reported out of the cave at 15:40:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/44755093