Digitech Freqout

hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
edited July 2018 in FX
I'm getting quite intrigued about this pedal. I keep telling myself that I wouldn't have much use for it in my band but  I don't know it could do Damn expensive though just for a bit of colour/flavour.

Anyone here got one and use it a lot live etc?
Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    I've got one and use it in a couple of ways.

Firstly, when playing live for a complete end of set wig out on if you can't get a stage volume to the level to generate feedback naturally. You can leave it in latching mode and use the "onset" control to your taste. You can also use it in monetary mode to add a bit of flavour during solos or sustained chords.

Secondly, during recording through an amp sim. If it's set up carefully you can get really natural feedback with completely silent recording. Of course, it won't sustain indefinitely as it works of the strings, but you can get a really convincing sound out of it.

It is a one-function pedal though, but damn, it's fun.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I've got one and use it in a couple of ways.

Firstly, when playing live for a complete end of set wig out on if you can't get a stage volume to the level to generate feedback naturally. You can leave it in latching mode and use the "onset" control to your taste. You can also use it in monetary mode to add a bit of flavour during solos or sustained chords.

Secondly, during recording through an amp sim. If it's set up carefully you can get really natural feedback with completely silent recording. Of course, it won't sustain indefinitely as it works of the strings, but you can get a really convincing sound out of it.

It is a one-function pedal though, but damn, it's fun.
    Hmmm very tempting it's sounding but gonna have to wait until one comes up used :) Quite power hungry too I read 
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Yep. It says it needs a minimum of 235mA and when I tried running one off a 150mA supply it behaved weirdly. I run it off an isolated 500mA outlet anyway so I didn't really notice until I saw other people were having a problem and looked into it.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Yep. It says it needs a minimum of 235mA and when I tried running one off a 150mA supply it behaved weirdly. I run it off an isolated 500mA outlet anyway so I didn't really notice until I saw other people were having a problem and looked into it.
    Power wouldn't be a problem tbh as I'll be using my Zuma to power it