Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    Call me weird..but I quite like it..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2402
    Okay by me, its better than that horrible double cut Tele they did a while back. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    edited July 2018
    I like it 

but not at £1600  :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    its a great colour
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12669
    FAR better than in that gipping sunburst they do on this model. Thats nasty.

Its 'interesting' but does it truly do anything different to a '72 Deluxe reissue, other than the tune-o-matic? Honestly, I doubt it'll make any real difference to the sound, although the feel may be different due to the large back angle needed to use one... but one does ask the question "why would you choose to fit one?" Leo's hard tail bridges were better, IMHO... A '72 reissue would be less than half that cost...

Style over substance, me thinks...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1583
    I like it 

+1
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I like it 

+1 as well.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 762
    Actually, I like that a lot. But I have form, given that around 10 years ago I REALLY wanted a Hamer Talladega that @guitars4you had for sale. Alas I didn't have the funds. I also liked the original US Elite Tele's from way back when.

I don't mind Fender doing these kinds of models, given they are there own mini range - they haven't cancelled all of their other US models in order to produce these, so no negative impact there - it's not like the Gibson model year thing! And with these models Fender can introduce a bit of variety into their catalogue. If a few models are misses than at least one may be a hit. I also don't think the pricing is that far off similar US guitars. And, if one of these models becomes really popular then a lower priced/ Mexican/ Squier version might follow c.f. the Cabronita's.

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3050
    It's good, but it's not Johan Gustavsson good.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553

Described as "ADJUSTO-MATIC BRIDGE WITH VINTAGE-STYLE TREMOLO"

I know Fender traditionally confuses tremolo with vibrato but they now seem to confuse tremolo with tailpiece.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    Not too bad really, I've seen worse!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5789
    Aesthetically I do like a tele to have a minimalist and tidy switching layout but I do like the neck/body/pickups combo 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 992
    Think I saw a video over the weekend of John5 playing it with a blindfold on
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 412
    It's good, but it's not Johan Gustavsson good.

I love these things but.....the Fender is waaaaaaaay cheaper.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10582
    tFB Trader
    Actually, I like that a lot. But I have form, given that around 10 years ago I REALLY wanted a Hamer Talladega that @guitars4you had for sale. Alas I didn't have the funds. I also liked the original US Elite Tele's from way back when.

I don't mind Fender doing these kinds of models, given they are there own mini range - they haven't cancelled all of their other US models in order to produce these, so no negative impact there - it's not like the Gibson model year thing! And with these models Fender can introduce a bit of variety into their catalogue. If a few models are misses than at least one may be a hit. I also don't think the pricing is that far off similar US guitars. And, if one of these models becomes really popular then a lower priced/ Mexican/ Squier version might follow c.f. the Cabronita's.

I like it too ... Me, I'd prefer a half ashtray bridge ... but it's quite pretty.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    It looks fantastic.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 473
    impmann said:
    FAR better than in that gipping sunburst they do on this model. Thats nasty.

Its 'interesting' but does it truly do anything different to a '72 Deluxe reissue, other than the tune-o-matic? Honestly, I doubt it'll make any real difference to the sound, although the feel may be different due to the large back angle needed to use one... but one does ask the question "why would you choose to fit one?" Leo's hard tail bridges were better, IMHO... A '72 reissue would be less than half that cost...

Style over substance, me thinks...
    Interesting point. I’m pretty sure that a deluxe reissue would be a cheaper option if you were looking for a Tele with two humbuckers.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I like it, with exception of the headstock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 528
    Looks good to me though trying one in a shop could give my credit card the heeby geebies.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3990
    I like it. I like LPs but prefer the feel of a Tele so this is tempting. It's a mahogany body with maple cap and mahogany neck too.