Wampler - Tumnus v Euphoria

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bassbora said:
    I am very interested in your thoughts on the comparison of these two. So is the honeymoon period over? What do you think of the pedals now? Do you still have both and use them or have you decided against one?
    Still have them and both keepers.  The Tumnus is more mid boost than the euphoria and between them,either individually or together - feed tumnus into euphoria - give a great range of options and most importantly, quality of tone.  Both highly recommended
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bassbora said:
    I am very interested in your thoughts on the comparison of these two. So is the honeymoon period over? What do you think of the pedals now? Do you still have both and use them or have you decided against one?
    Still have them and both keepers.  The Tumnus is more mid boost than the euphoria and between them,either individually or together - feed tumnus into euphoria - give a great range of options and most importantly, quality of tone.  Both highly recommended
    I was always leaning towards the Tumnus but not so sure now. It would be sitting on a board with OCD and a Triple Wreck. Not sure at all anymore. 

Re quality of Wampler and the tone I could not agree more. I have Ethereal on my board and its on constantly. Lovely sound.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    The Euphoria is probably my fave single all round dirt pedal in the world. It does many things well. I have one in my Benado all in one

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage said:
    The Euphoria is probably my fave single all round dirt pedal in the world. It does many things well. I have one in my Benado all in one
    You are not making it easy. I can’t get both 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If I had to choose one of them, it’s the Euphoria. Very versatile, very transparent tone(s) and cleans up lovely via guitar volume control. I tend to use the Tumnus as a booster rather than on its own.  But have to emphasise, the two together works superbly
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    edited September 2018
    If I had to choose one of them, it’s the Euphoria. Very versatile, very transparent tone(s) and cleans up lovely via guitar volume control. I tend to use the Tumnus as a booster rather than on its own.  But have to emphasise, the two together works superbly
    I'm glad you are still liking both pedals after a few months.
     I love my Euphoria and no matter what else I buy it is never with a view to replacing the Euphoria. With my amp and guitars it just sounds fantastic. Very, very dynamic.

I think I need to try the Tumnus!
  • TA22GT said:
    If I had to choose one of them, it’s the Euphoria. Very versatile, very transparent tone(s) and cleans up lovely via guitar volume control. I tend to use the Tumnus as a booster rather than on its own.  But have to emphasise, the two together works superbly
    I'm glad you are still liking both pedals after a few months.
     I love my Euphoria and no matter what else I buy it is never with a view to replacing the Euphoria. With my amp and guitars it just sounds fantastic. Very, very dynamic.

I think I need to try the Tumnus!
    Yes, I think that you do need to try the Tumnus; it works well with the Euphoria.  Totally agree with your comments about the Euphoria
  • Well I feel like I have to add to this thread now.  I could not wait for a second hand of either of these would pop up so I bought a new one and it arrived today.  

I chain is really simple Tuner -> Wampler Triple Wreck -> OCD -> (now) Euphoria -> Ethereal.  Ethereal is always on with a hint of reverb and delay.

I plugged the little green box of joy in and what a revelation.  I was quite happy with the TW and OCD but felt like there was something little bit missing.  And I think that green box of magic has solved that and I can possibly do without the OCD because the Euphoria can cover that sound as well.  On its own its fantastic but with the Ethereal its just off the charts great.  I think I could live with these two pedals and never need anything else again.  The sound I have heard in my head all this time.

That pedal is worth the praise you guys have given it in this thread.  Totally blown away.
  • bassbora said:
    Well I feel like I have to add to this thread now.  I could not wait for a second hand of either of these would pop up so I bought a new one and it arrived today.  

I chain is really simple Tuner -> Wampler Triple Wreck -> OCD -> (now) Euphoria -> Ethereal.  Ethereal is always on with a hint of reverb and delay.

I plugged the little green box of joy in and what a revelation.  I was quite happy with the TW and OCD but felt like there was something little bit missing.  And I think that green box of magic has solved that and I can possibly do without the OCD because the Euphoria can cover that sound as well.  On its own its fantastic but with the Ethereal its just off the charts great.  I think I could live with these two pedals and never need anything else again.  The sound I have heard in my head all this time.

That pedal is worth the praise you guys have given it in this thread.  Totally blown away.
     Cheers and Enjoy!
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    "That pedal is worth the praise you guys have given it in this thread.  Totally blown away."

For me it is not just the tone but the dynamics as well. Almost clean arrpegiated chords and then dig in and out pops a solo!

Enjoy!
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    The Euphoria also stacks extremely well after an OCD for heavier sounds and solos.
  • johnhe said:
    The Euphoria also stacks extremely well after an OCD for heavier sounds and solos.
    And here I was thinking about selling the OCD for a Tumnus. I will have to explore that then. What setting do you have the Euphoria?