Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6491
    edited October 2014
    Excellent news @MazzaG!

My news is this, bear with me the long story:

Got engaged a few years back, we ordered a ring from the US which, when the package arrived, had been stolen in transit.
    Bought a lovely ring when we were on holiday in St Ives that year which she actually preferred to the one that had gone AWOL.
    Some time last year she spots that the diamond has become dislodged and lost...disaster!

Fast forward to this year's St Ives holiday - we take the ring into the shop, totally forgot to dig out the receipt, no idea of which year we had bought it ( a good three years hence, I'd say) ...expecting a bit of a fight on our hands and some expense to get it sorted.
    Woman takes one look at the ring and says "Oh no! That's not right..! Well, you're in luck, the lady who makes these rings is over from Ireland TOMORROW and will be coming here. We'll get her to put a new diamond in it for you. I'm afraid it might take a month to get done, but we'll post it back to you."

So far, so good - no question over how long we have had it, or faff having to prove we bought it there...but I did wonder how much this was going to knock me back...

"Oh don't worry, there'll be NO CHARGE OF COURSE".

Well, bugger a badger..!

Ring arrived today. The lovely Ms nRollDave sent me a photo of it back where it belongs, on her finger.
    One very happy lady. One very happy me.

Thank you Pebbles of St Ives!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Excellent news @MazzaG!

Got engaged a few years back, we ordered a ring from the US which, when the package arrived, had been stolen in transit.
    Bought a lovely ring when we were on holiday in St Ives that year which she actually preferred to the one that had gone AWOL.
    Some time last year she spots that the diamond has become dislodged and lost...disaster!

Fast forward to this year's St Ives holiday - we take the ring into the shop, totally forgot to dig out the receipt, no idea of which year we had bought it ( a good three years hence, I'd say) ...expecting a bit of a fight on our hands and some expense to get it sorted.
    Woman takes one look at the ring and says "Oh no! That's not right..! Well, you're in luck, the lady who makes these rings is over from Ireland TOMORROW and will be coming here. We'll get her to put a new diamond in it for you. I'm afraid it might take a month to get done, but we'll post it back to you."

So far, so good - no question over how long we have had it, or faff having to prove we bought it there...but I did wonder how much this was going to knock me back...

Well, bugger a badger..!

Ring arrived today. The lovely Ms nRollDave sent me a photo of it back where it belongs, on her finger.

Nice one @RocknRollDave we had a similar thing with Mrs NTDJ's engagement ring. She lost the diamond somewhere at work. It was a bespoke one from the brum jewellery quarter and they replaced and refitted it without question.

Maybe that sort of thing happens a lot!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Excellent news @MazzaG!

Well, bugger a badger..!

Nice one @RocknRollDave we had a similar thing with Mrs NTDJ's engagement ring. She lost the diamond somewhere at work. It was a bespoke one from the brum jewellery quarter and they replaced and refitted it without question.

Maybe that sort of thing happens a lot!

Sounds like it, aye. Cor, who'd be a jeweller!

And congratulations on 11 happy years of marriage to you and your good lady ;)

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited October 2014
    Wrote what could end up being an actual song. First time I've done that really, usually I just write riffs but this time I sat down with an acoustic capo'd at the 2nd fret, bashed out some chords and came up with something I liked so much I instantly wrote it down to avoid forgetting about it. Might give lyric writing a shot and see what I can come up with.

This feels great!

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sechuan chicken & mixed veg fried rice from the best chinese in the district, got on the way home after a little detour.
    One highly excellent Hot Toddy to help my sniffles & sore throat.

Makes me feel so much better. I can have a shower & then go to the pub! 
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Minor car repairs done. I now has 2 properly working headlights.......

And an interior fan motor.

And later beer shall be dranked.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

edited October 2014
    This is my 1,995th comment on this site, meaning I now have a comment for every new year from zero until my birth. Cool, huh? :D

Seriously though, it has been a pleasure using this place to deposit 1995 little nuggets of the rubbish inside my head. Love it here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2014
    I've got 1000 frets! Washburn EC36 and Danelectro Guitarlin, eat your heart out!

Broken the four-figures barrier, this means only one thing - you all have to buy me a drink.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bucket said:

Broken the four-figures barrier, this means only one thing - you all have to buy me a drink.
    I never got a drink
    :-<

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    It's stopped raining, I'm camping :)

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Just bought a guitar (through this forum for the first time) delivery should be today if the courier do their job properly (I know) so counting down the minutes till I can get home and have a go on it (the guitar).

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• My eldest son is 6 today!

Lego, Meccano and Airfix pressies from me ;-)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My eldest son is 6 today!

Lego, Meccano and Airfix pressies from me ;-)

So What's Jnr getting?

Bappy Hirthday NTDJ Jnr..

• stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited November 2014
    Several good things to report- 1. Baby #2 progressing nicely according to most recent scan. (Eta March). 2. My imminent redundancy is postponed for a year- (I rely on research funding & we landed another 12months)! 3. Said funding means I get a new iMac (for home use- I started a thread about my old mac dying last week). 4. I negotiated a 75% drop in my car insurance. 5. The new Smith Street Band album arrived today. 6. The online shop contained a few good bottles of beer (Sierra Nevada- Torpedo if you're interested). The wife did the order so they were a wee surprise as I unpacked. In the immortal words of the great poet Eric Cartman- "Who wants to touch me? I said who wants to f**king touch me?!" Today is a GOOD day. Edit: forgot... 7: physio signed me off to return to full contact sparring. I can fight again!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    edited January 2015
  • I just passed my green belt in Shotokan Karate.

feel tired but happy.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • And now thanks to beer and doughnuts I feel drunk and full.

Beer is good.

Doughnuts are yummy.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Steak for tea, I may even make 'proper' chips

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• I have 648 unread entries on here I'm never going to catch up. Anyhow, went to Costa for lunch today, very busy. A cortado and a toasted sandwich. After a while the toastie hadn't arrived so I politely asked. Turned out they had burned it. Gave me the cost back, did me another sandwich and gave me a free peice of chocolate cake. :) In other news the diet not going so well...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    ummmm

It's Friday? :D