SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED Elsewhere - PRS Paul Reed Smith USA EG-4 1991 HSS Electric Blue

What's Hot
MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
edited July 2018 in Guitars £
Beautiful original early 1991 USA PRS EG-4 that I took in trade from Matt

Electric Blue.
This USA EG4 from early 1991, which features an Alder body and a Maple neck with a Rosewood fingerboard which has the most beautiful reds.

Nut width is approx 43mm with final fret width of 57.7mm, 19.84mm thickness at nut. A 10" neck radius with a 25" scale and 22 frets.
Real mother of pearl inlays.
All original with it's 2 x single coil Seymour Duncans and PRS Humbucker HSS configuration.
Neck straight, frets excellent, condition all original and cherished, and comes in it's PRS hard case

Only £750, which for a full fat USA PRS is a bargain, let alone in this condition.

Now arranged a local trade off forum, so no longer available.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    £750 bump

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
    I feel like that's the "only guitar I'll ever need" 

But it's a PRS......
  • MototechMototech Frets: 102
    Tried  sending you a PM, but it was rejected for some reason. PM me please.
    edited July 2018
    Mototech said:
    Tried  sending you a PM, but it was rejected for some reason. PM me please.
    No thanks, you're the only person on my ignore list, that's why a PM would have auto rejected. I'm surprised you can't remember, it was only a couple of weeks ago you offered me £300 for an SG I was selling which at the time was £795. And then when I declined you got cheeky. The fact that you cant remember me only suggests making extreme low-balls is your past-time. You can stay on the ignore list @Mototech.

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I think you will find that you were the one who got cheeky & didn't read the message where I apologised for making the low offer before you even replied, I can post the conversation if you wish, then threatened to cry to the world about how offended you were on the forum. I was happy to pay your asking price for this guitar, but if you are too petty to accept my apology for the past misunderstanding, you are very welcome to keep your PRS.
    edited July 2018
    Sorry Mototech, I don't want to keep the PRS, just don't want to sell it to you, or even experience another one of your offers, and  I very very much doubt I'm the only one you've done this with.

All the best though fella.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Can you describe where this guitar is sound wise?   Straty? PRSy?

thanks 
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    MikeS said:
    Sorry Mototech, I don't want to keep the PRS, just don't want to sell it to you, or even experience another one of your offers, and  I very very much doubt I'm the only one you've done this with.

All the best though fella.

I would really like to know what has offended you so much. I made an offer, I apologised for it being too low, I asked what would be acceptable & you started crying like a little girl who had lost her sweeties! If you thought the offer was too low, a simple no thanks would have sufficed.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Found this video on YouTube. It's not ideal, but it gives some idea of tones.

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1442
    rlw said:
    Can you describe where this guitar is sound wise?   Straty? PRSy?

thanks 
    I've had two of these, as well as two of the later EGII models.  These are very Stratty indeed - mine is percussive and resonant like a good Strat should be.  The Duncan pickups have plenty of poke without being OTT.  Build quality is excellent as you would expect with PRS.  I have come across one in the past with an overly wide neck pocket which probably shouldn't have left the factory, but I've no idea if it was sold off as a 2nd.

I didn't keep my HSS one, but then I don't think humbuckers have a place in Strats (IMHO obviously).  I still have my SSS one and it's a cracker.

This is a bargain at the OP's asking price.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    I have to confess to being very tempted but that youtube vid doesn't exactly sell the humbucker sound in my view.  Still tempted theough, still pondering.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    Still available, and happy to post 

edited July 2018
    Only £750 bump

*Edit - just arranged a local trade off forum, so no longer available.