It might be 1976 all over again!

What's Hot

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5006
    edited July 2018
    I can't believe you are a taking this as a joke. FFS 

Prolonged heat like this can only mean thing. Predator. Will you still be joking about jumpers for goal posts when Emp's skull and spinal column are hanging from a tree? Or will take the vicious murders of ICBM and Boogieman for you to finally take notice? 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1954
    So long as Punk doesn't come back again I'll tolerate it
    Possibly my favourite comment on this forum...ever.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4725
    boogieman said:
    76 was a fabulous year for me. I was 21 and a bunch of us went up to the coast at Inverness for a fortnight. We were supposed to stay at one of my mates cousin’s house but it was so hot we ended up camping out on the beach. I discovered decent Scottish beer and stovies, we went up to Findhorn and got stoned, I met a nice obliging wee lassie and shagged myself to a standstill. Great times.  :)
    Nice.  Of course in the 70’s a ‘Lassie’ was a very clever problem solving collie dog but what happens on tour in Findhorn stays on tour in Findhorn ;)  
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Reverend said:

Prolonged heat like this can only mean thing. Predator. Will you still be joking about jumpers for goal posts when Emp's skull and spinal column are hanging from a tree? Or will take the vicious murders of ICBM and Boogieman for you to finally take notice? 
    "i aint got time to bleed .."        
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11806
    With Trump and Brexit the only thing stopping punk coming back is memes. People are too busy trying to be clever.

There is my song "Trump you're a c*nt" ?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    With Trump and Brexit the only thing stopping punk coming back is memes. People are too busy trying to be clever.

There is my song "Trump you're a c*nt" ?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4174
    1976. Living in London. Went to the free Hyde Park Festival and saw Kiki Dee, Supercharge, Steve Hillage and Queen!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    west said:
    Reverend said:

A God damn sexual tyrannosaur!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Emp_Fab said:
    The Met Office has announced that they think this heatwave could last for another six weeks.  This could rival 1976 at this rate.  Pah... most of you nippers won’t remember ‘76.

Drought.  Standpipes in the streets, people queuing with buckets to get water.  Government advice was to share bathwater.  Tarmac melting off the roads, before the days of air conditioning...  small boys for goalposts, spam fritters eh?!

About bloody time we had a “Phew! Wot a scorcher!” headline in the tabloids.  It’s only been.... carry the one....  minus the 7....  er.....  forty two years since we had a decent summer.

I think I’ll watch this later....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oATKGjE9khI

I remember - I had a summer job in my local Barclays before uni. It wasn't that bad and this heatwave is nowhere near as bad - the water is still running. We Brits get hung up about the weather - too hot, too cold, too wet .. we can bore for the universe on the subject of the weather. There's some sunshine .. enjoy it. It will be raining and cold again before long.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5863
    I think we might have been spoiled more than in 1976. This spell of lovely weather started at the beginning of May and has only had several minor blips since. There has been other nice, dry summers since 1976 though, not counting this one of course. This spell is exceptional though.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    going to watch this now 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I think we might have been spoiled more than in 1976. This spell of lovely weather started at the beginning of May and has only had several minor blips since. There has been other nice, dry summers since 1976 though, not counting this one of course. This spell is exceptional though.
    Way to go yet to beat '76 (BBC News).

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6713
    I really hope "76 doesn't come back otherwise I'll have to go with my mum to Grimwades on Cathedral Road and have her buy me a fucking secondhand Woolies Audition as a 13th birthday present. 

God help us. Teisco have a lot to answer for. So does my mum....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4719
    Better not be 1976 again.  The day I went on holiday to Cornwall was the day the rain started again.  I’m going to Cornwall again at the end of next week.....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72512

Agnetha Fältskog.

That is all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ICBM said:

Agnetha Fältskog.

Swedish rhyming slang for nut job...
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13953
    Deadman said:
    Hot weather is proven to get the natives restless isn't it? Just needs a bit of a trigger and we're off.
    It wasn't the heat it was the petrol fumes, we used leaded petrol back then. Some studies suggest that violent behaviour has decreased since the introduction of unleaded petrol. We now have man bag toting, coffee swigging hipsters, they would never have been tolerated in 1976, would have been glassed by the skinheads.

3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    LuttiS said:
    west said:
    Reverend said:

A God damn sexual tyrannosaur!
    "just like me !"
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5863
    Fretwired said:
    Way to go yet to beat '76 (BBC News).
    Ahh, that must be true if the BBC says it is :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.