SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Carr Sportsman Now Sorted

fenderman1fenderman1 Frets: 24
edited August 2018 in Amps £
Right that’s one half of the rig sorted with the Lazy j now I need something blackface I’m looking for a Carr sportsman cash ready but my max £1250 

let me know what you have 

thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5073
    Right that’s one half of the rig sorted with the Lazy j now I need something blackface I’m looking for a Carr sportsman cash ready but my max £1250 

let me know what you have 

thanks 
    Surely two Lazy Js in stereo would be better?  ;)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • fenderman1fenderman1 Frets: 24
    Haha maybe 
    I’ve seen thWazmeister said:
    Thanks Wazmeister I’ve looked at that one buts it’s a bit more than I want to spend.
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 395
    Amp purchasing musing finished when i bought mine. Happy hunting!!

JonHosker said:
    Amp purchasing musing finished when i bought mine. Happy hunting!!

Yeah had one in the past and should have kept hold of it.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3903
    Rambler is better IMHO
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16148
    Lebarque said:
    Rambler is better IMHO
    Totally agree.......and considerably better for pedals
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9608
    Lebarque said:
    Rambler is better IMHO
    One of the best amps made, imho... and spot on.

Having owned all 3 (Rambler, Sportsman, LJ), my advice would indeed be to pair up the Lazy J with a Rambler... as I did. Superb stereo combination.

The Sportsman is less traditional Blackface (whatever that means) imho, as it offers superb best-ever-Princeton-type sounds. I miss my Sportsman. The headroom knob, which adds break up was superb, and I gigged with mine in a loud church band for some months... it did, however, need more volume and real headroom, in my instance.

The Rambler, however, has much more poke and remains my no.1 amp. It takes pedals, as has already been noted, better than any amp Ive ever played. Now the Ramblers cleans are less warm, and may be considered more hi-fi to some. Nonetheless, two modes offer robust cleans (Pentode mode) and slighly suggested tweed (?) break up (triode mode).

As I said, stunning alonside a Lazy J.

@fenderman1  Apologies for the derail !
  • Lebarque said:
    Rambler is better IMHO
    One of the best amps made, imho... and spot on.

Having owned all 3 (Rambler, Sportsman, LJ), my advice would indeed be to pair up the Lazy J with a Rambler... as I did. Superb stereo combination.

The Sportsman is less traditional Blackface (whatever that means) imho, as it offers superb best-ever-Princeton-type sounds. I miss my Sportsman. The headroom knob, which adds break up was superb, and I gigged with mine in a loud church band for some months... it did, however, need more volume and real headroom, in my instance.

The Rambler, however, has much more poke and remains my no.1 amp. It takes pedals, as has already been noted, better than any amp Ive ever played. Now the Ramblers cleans are less warm, and may be considered more hi-fi to some. Nonetheless, two modes offer robust cleans (Pentode mode) and slighly suggested tweed (?) break up (triode mode).

As I said, stunning alonside a Lazy J.

@fenderman1  Apologies for the derail !

Thanks for that, the Rambler is a stunning amp