Songs with a message that seem even more relevant today

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11616
    tFB Trader
    Apparently these are Stings original guide vocal lyrics and not redone for Spitting Image
    Seems that they were changed for the final release

This is a great examination of the song

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12923
    edited August 2018
    Fuckin hate this editor jesus 

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Some of this is just a little spooky, and depressing, how relevant 25 years later.

https://youtu.be/03gauuHIgME

And contains one of the best lyrics ever:

I know that this is vitriol
    No solution, spleen-venting
    But I feel better having screamed, don’t you?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited August 2018
    Apparently these are Stings original guide vocal lyrics and not redone for Spitting Image

@FelineGuitars I saw that Rick Beato vid (which is great) but he got that part wrong. String was a fan of Spitting Image so recorded those alternative lyrics, which was after the release of the original. 

writers Quentin Reynolds and James Glen approaching Sting and asking if they could change his lyrics for some of their own to accompany a video Spitting Image wanted to make about the Grim Reaper stalking certain global leaders. Sting was so intrigued with the idea that he not only gave his permission, he offered to record the reworked lyrics himself, an offer which was, of course, accepted. The finished video was broadcast on 17 June, 1984.”

source: 
    https://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A87780513
  • valevale Frets: 1052

did you know jarvis is up against bez (happy mondays) in a forthcoming episode of 'bargain hunt'? fact.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jul/31/jarvis-cocker-to-take-on-bez-in-bargain-hunt-special-edition
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • Rush - Witch Hunt

Really relevant today: Ignorance and Predudice and Fear walk hand in hand

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2696
    Anything by RATM

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2418
    Devo, Freedom of Choice

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11616
    tFB Trader

@FelineGuitars I saw that Rick Beato vid (which is great) but he got that part wrong. String was a fan of Spitting Image so recorded those alternative lyrics, which was after the release of the original. 

“writers Quentin Reynolds and James Glen approaching Sting and asking if they could change his lyrics for some of their own to accompany a video Spitting Image wanted to make about the Grim Reaper stalking certain global leaders. Sting was so intrigued with the idea that he not only gave his permission, he offered to record the reworked lyrics himself, an offer which was, of course, accepted. The finished video was broadcast on 17 June, 1984.”

source: https://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A87780513
    Thankyou for that - I fondly remembered the Spitting Image track, and did wonder in a chicken and egg type scenario about that , and as those vocals were on the same master tape imagined it must have been the other way round, but good to know more.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• RabsRabs Frets: 2610
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader

Still very relevant I think :)

Be thankful they don't take it all....  I wonder what they would have made of council tax ;)