Returned pedal board - warms the cockles

What's Hot
DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    What sort of dick leaves something of that value behind?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A drunk one!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited August 2018
    it's a happy ending but taking things left on a train home and then posting ads on facebook on the offchance someone claims them isn't a good idea.

best policy by far is to hand them in to 'lost property' or give them to a member of rail staff.
    that way when the owner gets home and finds their whatever missing, they can call the train station and recover it. they have a point of contact.

two big problems with taking stuff home is that the owner may not be a facebook user (i'm not). unless you are beyonce or someone with tons of followers, that's a forlorn hope.

second problem is if the owner calls the train station the next day to report it missing and someone checks cctv, there you are wandering out of a train station with something that doesn't belong to you.

that may end up on facebook under quite a different (and not entirely pleasing to you) headline.

i get the good intentions, but i think the approach was misguided. 'lost property' is a thing.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    edited August 2018
    A drunk one!
    You don’t need to be pissed to do idiotic things 

I managed to leave a USA Strat in a bar once after a gig, stone-cold sober.

Mild comedy ensued when the drummer, who was still boozing in said bar, phoned me at home to tell me he’d found it. The bar was very noisy by this point and he’s half-deaf anyway, I was trying to whisper because my wife was asleep upstairs and it was now 1am Sunday. I texted him in the end. 

Don’t leave Strats by the doors of bars is probably the life lesson here. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    randella said:
    A drunk one!

Mild comedy ensued when the drummer, who was still boozing in said bar, phoned me at home to tell me he’d found it. The bar was very noisy by this point and he’s half-deaf anyway, I was trying to whisper because my wife was asleep upstairs and it was now 1am Sunday. I texted him in the end. 

Rule 1 applies.
    hywelg said:
    randella said:
    A drunk one!

Rule 1 applies.
    Maybe if it was someone else’s Strat. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    I left a Mesa caliber 50 Watt combo (I think, can’t remember the model name) at a club gig once. That was a ‘missed off the kit list’ thing when we loaded out though. It was still lurking in the corner under a cover when I went back for it. It was the universe trying to tell me something I think...I never liked it much. 

Heavy amps are a good thing in cases like that. 

I do remember one guy losing his modern Mesa combo at a gig once, it disappeared during band swap overs. Must have been light enough for someone to abscond with. That was Binkies in Edinburgh, which can get a bit chaotic at band swap over time.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I dropped my bank card in costa the other day. 

A bloke came over with it 5 minutes later. 

I presumed he’d bought his coffee on it, but that was his reward. I thanked him and drank my coffee. 

I checked my balance later. He didnt buy himself a coffee. I felt bad for not then buying his drink. 

Now I owe 1 karma to the next dude.. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    skunkwerx said:
    If you ever find a Seafoam green Strat with knackered frets in a bar in Stockport, hold on to it. There’ll be a drummer along to fetch it soon. 
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited August 2018
    skunkwerx said:

I presumed he’d bought his coffee on it, but that was his reward. I thanked him and drank my coffee. 

I checked my balance later. He didnt buy himself a coffee. I felt bad for not then buying his drink. 

why did you presume he'd bought his coffee with it? that's curious. maybe i'm weird but i wouldn't have thought that. not a criticism at all, it's just strange idea to me.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    vale said:
    skunkwerx said:

why did you presume he'd bought his coffee with it? that's curious. maybe i'm weird but i wouldn't have thought that. not a criticism at all, it's just strange idea to me.
    I suppose it was a bit of a weird presumption actually! Im not entirely sure, I remember the thought just popping into my head, and then I was too curious not to check haha. 

But I guess what with contactless being what it is, I just counted myself lucky someone returned it. Otherwise that would have been a hell of a walk home! 

The only easy day, was yesterday...