I used to live in Richmond/

who didnt .....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    Paul_C said:
    Reverend said:
    I used to live in Richmond. 
    I've got this thread won. 

Only if you've played snooker on the SAME table as Bernie Clifton.
    I once beat Dave Murray from Iron Maiden on scaletrix.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    I once went to Stella Street.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    I once went to Stella Street.
    By Starlight ? ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    When I was student, we heard the breaking news that Dermot Morgan had had a heart attack and died. just then my mate 'Johnny Cobra' walked in and we heralded this with the shocking news that "Father Ted is Dead".

"No he's not" said Johnny, "I've just seen him filling up his car at the petrol station". One of the last people Dermot interacted with my mate Johnny Cobra and if you had ever met him you would know how disappointing this must have been for poor old Dermot.

...and I saw Nick Griffin in tesco not so long ago. Looking fairly sheepish in public with his head bowed, keeping out of the limelight nowadays I suppose.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited August 2018
    Years ago, I delivered pizzas at weekends and some of the people who opened the door on me were Neil (Dr) Fox, Henry Cooper, and Spike Milligan. Leee John would phone up, say "Hi it's Leeeee, can I have the usual, thanks?" and hang up.

Once we got paid to hang around LWT studios all day to deliver pizzas live on a TV programme. Loads of celebs about, mostly asking us if we were real pizza delivery people or actors. While in the bog dressed in Domino's bright orange and blue uniform, Hulk Hogan came out of the shitter in his red and yellow outfit. What a fucking sight we were.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22824
    Years ago, I delivered pizzas at weekends and some of the people who opened the door on me were Neil (Dr) Fox, 
    He went to the same university as me.  When I started he was taking a year out of his studies to run the university radio station and the Students Union entertainment committee, or something.  When he first got famous I didn't recognise him at all, but then years later I thought hang on, I'm sure sure there's something familiar about that name...
  • I played 18 holes of golf with Rory McIlroy once. We went to go a nice restaurant afterwards but it was closed. So the only place we could find was a KFC and he had popcorn chicken! Nice fella.

I also played with Paul McGinley and accidentally hit his Labrador (Phoebe) in the face whilst practice swinging on the tee! He was fine about it,though Phoebe wasn’t! 

Might as as well get them all out at once. Went to a footy match with a few work mates and the guy who had organised it asked if we would mind if we picked up a girl he knew on the way as she was going to the match on her own. Sure no problem. It was Sunitta (Shobna Gulatti) from coronation street. I sat beside her during the match.I pretended we were going out! 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Reverend said:
    Paul_C said:
    Reverend said:
    I used to live in Richmond. 
    I've got this thread won. 

Only if you've played snooker on the SAME table as Bernie Clifton.
    I once beat Dave Murray from Iron Maiden on scaletrix.
    Yep - you definitely win.   Have a 'wow'.  I'd be happy to just stand in the same vicinity as Sir Dave.  
    skunkwerx said:
    Freebird said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Finally, I was on till myself one time, when a right little Essex sort with pink hair came over. Jodie Marsh was her name. And by God was she ripped. 

I was just about hitting on her and chatting about her game of thrones dvd purchase when an actual brick outhouse rocked up beside her. I presume it was her bodyguard, or other half. 

She was also lovely.
    I wonder if that is the same brick outhouse who is trying to strangle her? ...

https://keyassets-p2.timeincuk.net/wp/prod/wp-content/uploads/sites/30/2016/07/Jodie-Marsh-300x400.jpg
    Mmmm I’d do terrible, unspeakable things to her.. which is funny, I don’t usually go for the whole swollen looking fish, masculine arms shit. 
    She's certainly a very striking woman.  I get the impression that she's a decent human being as well.  

I worked in Camden in the late eighties.    Regular customers were Terence Trent D'arby, Suggs, Derek Riggs, Carol and Ronnie Decker, Dave Stewart and John Paul Jones.  

My biggest regret of all is not getting Derek Riggs to sign all my Maiden LP's. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited August 2018
    I think I can maybe just trump Reverend. I've been to Jeff Beck's house. I realise that sounds a bit stalkerish but I was actually meant to be there to see him. Didn't play scalextrix though.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    Mid 70's I ran a paint and wallpaper shop in Bloomsbury and could source metallic wallcoverings which were new to the market. I used to get bored shitless through the day so if anyone needed a delivery I'd insist on taking it to get out for an hour or so. One delivery was to a Mr Moss in Mayfair, a beautiful mews house. No other than Stirling Moss the racing driver. Lovely chap who invited me in for tea and we chatted for a good while. 

I also supplied the firm who had the maintenance contract at the Clermont and Playboy clubs. My lasting memory of the Playboy club was that the staff/delivery lift was tiny and being squished in there with 2 or 3 bunnies was a delight. 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    edited August 2018
    Oh and I almost got run over by the queen mother.
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    ESBlonde said:
    Outside of work/professional connections, a friend of mine had a small village pub up near the minsmere bird reserve many years ago, a few famous faces came in from time to time. Most memorable was Bill Nighy. Stood having a beer and chinwag with him, he has that strange slightly slow delivery in real life too, nice guy though.
    Eel's Foot, Eastbridge?
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Philly_Q said:

In central London there are celebs all over the place if you keep your eyes open, especially around the theatres

That reminds me, the last time I was in London we walked past the Old Vic. The woman who plays Brienne of Tarth in GoT was standing outside. She was wearing a black full length leather coat and high heels(!!!) and was bloody ENORMOUS... I’m six foot and I felt like a midget next to her. She was chatting to some fans and seemed very friendly. 
  • Philly_Q said:
    Clarky said:
    this lil' story didn't happen to me, my bassist told it to me about a mate of his..

his mate is a singer / guitarist from Brum
    he was on a train to London cos his band was playing a showcase for a major label
    so.. this old fella is sat on the seat opposite, see's the guitar case and asks him about music and his band etc..
    so my mate's mate apparently goes on and on for ages about his band, how they were on the up and up, the showcase etc..
    really digging himself and his band up..
    after a little over an hour, he asks the old fella if he plays guitar and the old fella say yes..
    he asks if he plays in bands and stuff and he say yes.. Deep Purple and Rainbow.. lol..
    It's a bit hard to imagine Blackmore being so chatty.  And was he wearing his full pseudo-mediaeval clobber?
    He was when I met him - he knew a schoolmate of mine’s parents (pagan connection somewhere along the line), bit of a surprise when I went round there one day and found them sat in the garden drinking tea and planning their next union. A while later I met Geezer Butler there too!
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 247
    I have done quite well for celeb spotting over the years.

I have been involved with Biggin Hill airfield for most of my life and through there have seen or met:
    Eric Richard - played Sgt Cryer in The Bill in its early days
    Bob Geldof - who was learning to fly helicopters. 
    Henry McGee, who used to be on The Benny Hill Show
    Frank Mead - saxophonist who used to play in Gary Moore’s band and with Bill Whitman’s Rhythmn Kings.

also used to know Jeff Beck. Met Bruce Dickinson and stood almost next to Princess Anne once.

Hubby went to school with Daly Thompson

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9619
    edited August 2018
    I went to a low-key but packed gig on Friday and Euros Childs and Gruff Rhys were trying to get in behind me.
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited August 2018
    I was thinking about this the other day, I've met quite a few (including the Prince William story I posted earlier) apart from a few egos, they're generally nice. 

Worked in Blockbuster in a posh Manchester suburb around 2003, so met lots of Corrie actors & various football players.
    For the record Ronaldo was wonderful. Humble & spent AGES chatting- especially to any child who approached him. 

I also worked at the institute of sport. We obviously had loads of athletes come in, so I've trained with (in no particular order) 
    Chris Hoy- seeing him do squats is unbelievable. Nice outside the gym, all business in it. 
    Victoria Pendleton- nice. 
    Alan Baxter- incredible all round athlete. 
    Sebastian Chabal- lovely bloke. Possibly the strongest/most intimidating human I've met. 
    The All Blacks, Wallabies, England, Wales & Scotland Rugby teams- NOTHING puts your weight training in perspective quite like lifting with those guys. MUCH stronger than... 
    WWE Wrestlers- HHH & Big Show (plus others I didn't really know) 
    Andy & Jamie Murray- played them both at tennis, badminton and squash. I got beaten. Badly. 
    Mike Bisping- humble, nice & an absolute beast in the gym. 

A journalist mate of mine invited me for a pint with someone he'd been interviewing. Pints with Johnny Depp? Ok. 

I'm now in Edinburgh, so... 
    Johnny Lee miller (sick boy) trained at my gym while filming trainspotting 2. I bumped into the rest of the cast a few times. Euan was the least friendly, but still very polite. 

Bumped into Scarlett Johansson, Paul Bettany etc al in a pub during filming for Avengers. 

It's now festival time, so there are a few wandering around.

One last one... I was an extra in an ITV sci-fi thing starring Patrick Stewart- it was filmed in my building & they needed folk to do lab work in the background, so the real lab staff did it. He was a bit gruff, but I think he was “in character”