Cave In - Jupiter

Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1167
edited April 2014 in Music
One of the best albums of the last 20 years in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlAuzXGC_JM

Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RichRich Frets: 18
    Nah, Antenna was better ;)
  • Rich;209191" said:
    Ewww no
    :ar!
    Old Is Gold
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1142
    Rich said:
    Antenna is the only one I've heard and I love it. But I read up yesterday and found out the story of it being a record labe pleaser rather than a genuine effort from the band. I'll give Jupiter a listen soon.
  • Rich said:
    Antenna is the only one I've heard and I love it. But I read up yesterday and found out the story of it being a record labe pleaser rather than a genuine effort from the band. I'll give Jupiter a listen soon.
    Pretty much!

Its good but it has some really kinda mainstreamy grungy type song on it which kind of annoy me a bit.

Tides of Tomorrow EP is also most excellent as is any of their older stuff which is Metal kinda stuff.
    Old Is Gold
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Totally agree. Antenna was definitely not better.

Have you heard Steve Brodsky's solo/side projects? Octave Museum? Pet Genius? Mutoid Man? All amazing stuff. 
  • Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1167
    edited April 2014
    Yeah I like his solo stuff and I have actually seen him play live in Kingston years ago. My only issue is that he does at times really seem to push sounding like the weirder side of the Beatles, which I find a bit strange. The other ex cave in bands are pretty good to, like clouds and zozobra etc etc
    Old Is Gold
  • Ace, Cave In are one of those bands that I forget about for a while and then really enjoy listening to them again. Thanks for the reminder!
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky