Anyone any experience of Zilla or Roadkill for Cabs?

What's Hot
I'm in the market for a 2x12.  

I'm edging towards one of these 2 cab makers; Zilla isn't too far from me, so I'm leaning slightly towards them as I can cut down on shipping costs (hopefully).

And and recommendation on which model suits suits blues/classic rock, greatly appreciated.
Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 291
    I had a Zilla Studio Pro. The cab was well made, and there was a good choice of options. Paul at Zilla was great to deal with, and very knowledgeable.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I’ve had several Zilla’s and they’ve all been excellent. Paul is a top bloke to deal with too. For an alternative suggestion, check out the Matrix NL212 neo cabs - they really are superb.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Had a Zilla modern 2x12 since 2009 and it’s been rock solid and sounds great with any amp 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Zilla are superb. Paul is super helpful. I have two of his modern 2x12s and used to have a 1x12 dinky as well. 

• I have a fat boy and it’s a fantastic cab 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    Another Zilla recommendation.. Paul is a lovely guy, and the cabs are quality.
  • I'm very happy with my Zilla vertical 2x12. Paul was very patient in answering my myriad questions, and the final result is good quality.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • DanDan Frets: 441
    My Zilla Modern 2x12 cab is superb! CS is great too as had a slight issue and it was sorted very quickly.

At a guess the fatboy 2x12 would be a good fit for blues /rock.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    edited August 2018
    Not a 212 but I have a Zilla Dinky with a Cream Alnico and a Fatbaby with a Creamback neo.
    I found this combo to be excellent paired with any amp.

Both superb, very well made.

If you contact Zilla direct sometimes he has stock cabs in at discount rates.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Can't understand why Andertons or someone doesn't hook up with Zilla, homegrown quality, Paul deserves more visibility.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    clarkefan said:
    Can't understand why Andertons or someone doesn't hook up with Zilla, homegrown quality, Paul deserves more visibility.  
    Because I'm sure Zilla are happy with the markup they currently get selling direct.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I've played through a few 2x12's with V30's in them and they do sound very good. Would like to try other speakers but have usually heard good things.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    clarkefan said:
    Because I'm sure Zilla are happy with the markup they currently get selling direct.
    I sincerely hope so, their reputation for quality and service is outstanding.  They could only benefit from greater exposure was my point.  I think Paul's efforts should be held up as a shining example and supported more.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6142
    tFB Trader
    I have several Zilla cabs, rack cabs and head cabs..... Paul is the man, his products are ace and the level of customisation is astonishing
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    Zilla are splendid. Contact them and see if they have any b stock lying around . Might be lucky. 

You could Also try modulus from this forum  I have a 112 cab from him and its fantastic  
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    I get Paul to build all of my cabs and he's built a couple of head shells and strange bits and pieces.

Cant recommend him enough - great bloke to deal with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88 said:
    Zilla are splendid. Contact them and see if they have any b stock lying around . Might be lucky. 

You could Also try modulus from this forum  I have a 112 cab from him and its fantastic  
    +1 for @Modulus_Amps I had a 2x12 made by them and it is fantastic. Great level of customisation and service too
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2579
    tFB Trader
    thomasw88 said:

+1 for @Modulus_Amps I had a 2x12 made by them and it is fantastic. Great level of customisation and service too
    Thanks gents, I have free shipping on cabs too!

Most of the cabs I make get re-badged for other companies, but I still like making custom cabs for the end user.

I have a couple 2 x 12 cab options if you want to discuss.