Martin style Parlor (sigma 00R-28Vs)

brooombrooom Frets: 1175
edited August 2018 in Acoustics
I've owned a really nice Martin goldern era 000-18 before and loved it, but sold it (stupid I know).

Recently I've been thinking about buying a parlor, looked at Martins again (00-28vs and 0-28vs) the prices are prohibitive. So I found out that sigma has a pretty decent lookalike.

Has anyone had a chance to try one? And did you like it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12409
    edited August 2018
    In Guitar Sound in Chichester they have a Sigma DT3 from 1985 up for £399, not the same model as you describe but I have tried it and it was lovely, although I don't own top level acoustics to compare it to though to be fair.  But as an indicator of quality I would certainly buy one.  What the newer ones are like I don't know.

https://www.guitarsound.co.uk/sigma-1985-dt-3-acoustic

• rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Frets: 200
    edited August 2018
    I have a sigma 00028vs and it’s a keeper.The build and sound is great and gets close to a Martin..Try a few as they vary.I know coda music stock sigma’s.I own a couple of martins so I can compare to the sigma and it does well.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    edited August 2018
    thanks just got one today from ebay, will let you know how it goes. I’ve had martin 000-18ge before and I really liked it, but it was stiff, probably setup though.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    Great little guitar by the way. Good construction, very playable, nice balanced sound.