MIDI help again!

2»

Comments

• smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 666
    So I need to send two separate CC messages? One that has 0 and another one that has 32?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Yes
    Cool, thanks for that. Will have another go tonight.

I did e-mail Morningstar again asking for some more help, hopefully hear back from them later today
    yeah, their online manual is a bit lacking, but to be fair so are a lot of manuals around MIDI. They all seem to expect that the user has a fair bit of prior knowledge.
    I got totally stumped with my GR55 as I wrongly assumed that the bank numbers would be contiguous and they turned out to be nothing like to the extent that one particular bank number actually splits across two different banks.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Having just grabbed a Morningstar I am not looking forward to programming my md500. 
    Everything I have read implies midi on the 500 series is nothing but a ballache
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Having just grabbed a Morningstar I am not looking forward to programming my md500. 
    It all is when midi is concerned. I had the same fear but got there in the end though. Loads I still don't understand though but enough to get me going :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    I spent an hour the other day trying to get midiclock working until I realised that whilst my footcontroller can send a midiclock message it doesn't actually generate it
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Cant say I found it hard on the dd500, in fact I'd say it's extremely well implemented. But then I was doing it from the ES5 which does make it easier.
    Cant say I found it hard on the dd500, in fact I'd say it's extremely well implemented. But then I was doing it from the ES5 which does make it easier.
    I will feed back later. Baring in mind I have never touched midi it might be interesting...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    So I can get patch A and B working easily enough with the boss, I havent worked out bank up and down but I can leave without that for now. 

I got to admit the manuals are abysmal though. 
    @smudge_lad on the md500 you have MIDI PC MAP. 
    You can reassign those as you please.
    Can you do that on the dd500?
    @smudge_lad on the md500 you have MIDI PC MAP. 
    You can reassign those as you please.
    Can you do that on the dd500?
    Yes, and that’s how I’ve got around my switching issue just now. I’d rather not do that though, and just leave things where they are