12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5852
    Brilliant!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    edited April 2014
    And there was me thinking that this would be about trying out lots of guitars in a limited time. Actually I'm not sure that I would want my missus knowing one guitar from another, at the moment I could up grade my white tele with a better white tele and she wouldn't notice, until she checked the accounts that is.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9611
    The correct answer of course is, both.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    sounds fair enough to me? ;)
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    ROOG said:
    Actually I'm not sure that I would want my missus knowing one guitar from another, at the moment I could up grade my white tele with a better white tele and she wouldn't notice, until she checked the accounts that is.
    note to self - dont leave an unannounced sonic blue guitar next to white guitar in rack - rather makes it too obvious !! 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    JMP220478 said:
    ROOG said:
    Actually I'm not sure that I would want my missus knowing one guitar from another, at the moment I could up grade my white tele with a better white tele and she wouldn't notice, until she checked the accounts that is.
    note to self - dont leave an unannounced sonic blue guitar next to white guitar in rack - rather makes it too obvious !! 
    Use the "Oh that old thing???....I've had that AGES!!!! It was with (make up random person) for a while, he wanted to record with it" :P Problem solved :D
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    :))
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

A wise old mate of mine used to say to his wife (when she'd spotted a new guitar)

"That old thing? Yeah it was looking a bit shabby so I paid a tenner to have it sprayed!"

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Love the pointing finger in the first frame.......
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Tele. Are we on..?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    Surely the correct response is 'Which year?'
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    jellyroll said:
    Love the pointing finger in the first frame.......
    Yeah that's what I thought :))
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    edited April 2014 tFB Trader
    My Mrs would declare that the answer was a Tele, but only one with a rosewood board because that's what Wilko plays. 

On reflection she might also say it was a trick question and the real answer was White Falcon.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    My missus just said prs in tiger eye or one of those les Paul things in gold. :D
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Mine looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    Crikey, I could think of nothing worse than the missus knowing the value of me gear.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    JMP220478 said:
    ROOG said:
    or grow some balls?

If you let your misses lay down the rules like that it will only get worse
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited April 2014
    Have two funds - a Shoes Fund and a Guitar Fund... maybe have two jobs each too... and let the kids fund their own education...and buy their own house..car..phone..

Thank God I am single and can buy anything I want whenever I want! (although my Mum still moans even though she's in her 70s and my live-in partner thinks I am like those super hoarder-nutters on telly with an OCD!).
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

I don't think I'd get far with GAS if I had the same budget as my wife's shoe budget!

I have no where to hide, music instruments a plenty, sports cars, cameras, all sorts of gadgets.

• seany65seany65 Frets: 264
    Surely the real question should be:

Do you prefer Solid ones or Semis?