Is anyone using a Boss GT 1000 in 4 cable method?

What's Hot
dunstanmusdunstanmus Frets: 91
I tried one this morning and thought it was excellent. Interested in any views positive and negative. Thanks in advance.

Rich
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlmachAlmach Frets: 105
    This is a Helix Fretboard for Helix users ... there's nothing for you here  </leagueofgentlemen> =)

I use it for desktop noodling but haven't tried 4CM. I see a load of ground lift options in a sub-menu, was hum an issue ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Almach said:
    This is a Helix Fretboard for Helix users ... there's nothing for you here 
    So true. Have a wisdom.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I bought one. I have humbuster cables so not concerned with hum. Was more bothered with the guitar/amp sound with guitar line then send and return all going through the unit. I have Helix stuff. I lose too much. I hoped the HX would be good but it isn't good enough. So far, this is as good as FX8.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Ran a GT-10 this way for a long time, I found no matter how much I tweaked the S/R levels I couldn't get it sounding identical with everythign bypassed, it wasnt so much a tone loss as i felt that the dynamics werent quite the same as running straight into the amp.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 283
    edited August 2018
    Ran a GT-10 this way for a long time, I found no matter how much I tweaked the S/R levels I couldn't get it sounding identical with everythign bypassed, it wasnt so much a tone loss as i felt that the dynamics werent quite the same as running straight into the amp.

Yeah, that really rings a bell for me. People use “tone suck” or “tone loss” as shorthand, but it’s subtle loss of dynamics with everything bypassed that best describes it - and that’s the killer for me with a number of digital units I’ve tried.
  • Ran a GT-10 this way for a long time, I found no matter how much I tweaked the S/R levels I couldn't get it sounding identical with everythign bypassed, it wasnt so much a tone loss as i felt that the dynamics werent quite the same as running straight into the amp.
    I'm running a GT-100 in 4CM (on the one amp I have with an effects loop) and like it. My initial worry was 4CM puts your signal through the A/D/A process twice, but I can't say I've noticed any issues. Maybe the A/D/A chip on the GT-10 isn't very good? When amped up, I don't use the COSM preamp effects block. They're OK if I go direct into a DAW without being spectacular.

You'd assume the GT-1000 would be better, as they claim a big upgrade in processing horsepower.

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    smigeon said:

Yeah, that really rings a bell for me. People use “tone suck” or “tone loss” as shorthand, but it’s subtle loss of dynamics with everything bypassed that best describes it - and that’s the killer for me with a number of digital units I’ve tried.
    I still use the GT-10 out front, only seemed to happen in the fx loop for me..that was back when I was running a JVM, havent tried it on my VH4's loop.

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I am using it with amps. It feels really good. Converters seem to be good. Less dynamic loss than my board.