NAD: 1983 JCM800 2204

What's Hot
jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1777/43132811005_152310cdcb_z.jpg

Could do with a service. But sounds enormous. Not sure if I'll gig her or not. 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    Really cool amp. I've been wanting to buy one myself. It's a constant exercise to stop myself from doing so as I no longer need and amp with so much output and volume. I also have a 1968 JMP which I'm currently selling for the same reason.

But they are great amps and these 80s JCMs are so versatile and cool sounding.

enjoy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    jeztone2 said:
    https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1777/43132811005_152310cdcb_z.jpg

Could do with a service. But sounds enormous. Not sure if I'll gig her or not. 
    Great buy but when would you play this amp and not be at a gig? I couldn’t use my JCM800 at home much because of the huge volume. 

Amazing noise maker though
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited August 2018
    Fair point @shaunm. I guess for me it's the psychology of sound engineers. When I turn up with my Blackstar Artisan, I've had sound guys tell me to turn up. Even though the Artisan is a really loud amp. Whereas whenever I've wandered onstage with a Marshall head and cab. The result is usually very different. 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I totally get what you are saying.

I ignore it largely and sound check with the guitar volume down a bit
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    shaunm said:

Great buy but when would you play this amp and not be at a gig? I couldn’t use my JCM800 at home much because of the huge volume.
    Just use an attenuator if you can't get the MV low enough and it sound good.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    edited August 2018
    ICBM said:
    shaunm said:

Just use an attenuator if you can't get the MV low enough and it sound good.
    This ^^^
    Great amp btw. If you ever want to sell it, Im all ears!!!!
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    And a Blackstar is not going to sound even half as good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Reverend said:
    And a Blackstar is not going to sound even half as good.
    That rather depends on how you use it. 
  • I had one which I picked up off a friend. It was my first amp but did t appreciate it at the time. Sold it on but often think I should've kept it. Bloody loud though and I did blow its speaker when I opened her up 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I used an '84 2204 in my last band and had no concerns gigging it. Don't rule out using the low input with drive pedals to keep the volume down if need be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Best amp ever . 
    Loudest amp ever . 
    Ive owned loads of them and I love them !!